Manufacturing Project EngineerRoseau, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Assist and develop project scope, budget, and schedule for projects in line with Polaris’ strategic plans. Manage projects to achieve schedule and budget goals and ensure compliance with safety and regulatory guidelines. Create and maintain project documents, facility drawings, and status reports for projects. Participate on teams to support continuous improvement efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate the justification and completion of all capital requests, and track activities and expenditures to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
• Prepare periodic status reports for management communication.
• Supervises internal support and outside contractor firms to ensure projects adhere to all safety guidelines, building and environmental codes.
• Develop and maintain layouts of the plant facility and create layouts to support special project and planning exercises.
• Ensure that technology and equipment brought into the facility are compatible with support functions and inventory plans.
• Evaluate new technologies and methods to assist facility in meeting flexibility and productivity goals.
• Initiate, develop, and communicate improvement opportunities to management.
• Actively participate in the development of department tools and procedures to improve the quality of communication and participation of our customers and management.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• B.S. degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering required with a PE license preferred.
• Experience managing project budgets and timelines in an industrial environment.
• Project experience with industrial process implementation and material handling systems preferred.
• CAD drafting experience is required.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.