At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Sr. Azure/ .NET Software Engineer is senior functional and technical contributor for their respected technologies, in the application of concepts, principles and processes for an assigned area of responsibility. This role will be accountable for driving technology planning activities and systems designs to meet the needs of the Polaris business. The Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for ensuring solutions are aligned to the business and technology strategy, leveraging enterprise components, and the overall advancement of Polaris technologies. Broad knowledge of supply chain (Inbound and Outbound) and Trade Compliance would be a plus for this role. Assignments will span from solutioning, to definition of technical solutions for complex projects.
Systems and Enterprise Architecture
- Work with Product Owners, Lead and System Analysts to understand business and functional requirements
- Design and Architect Solutions, Conduct Code Reviews, Test and Debug applications
- Ability to visualize the solution by understanding the problem statement, preparing the system requirements, business requirements and the design specifications
- Coach and Mentor developers to follow Polaris standards and incorporate industry best-practices in the applications; guide them in design concepts, technical communication and development
- Coordinate with technical centers of excellence and the end-users for understanding requirements and articulating the solutions
- Assist in development of project plans, specification documents, test plans, and install and release plans
- Assist with analyzing existing homegrown business systems to develop technical designs and specifications, break fixes and enhancements
- Develop code to meet requirements and specifications, manage source control, deploy and test code
- Document test cases and perform systems and acceptance testing
- Troubleshoot production issues (if any) when projects are released
- Provide after install support: Questions and helpdesk tickets from users
- Attend and participate in project and administrative meetings
- Experience in Supply Chain (Inbound and Outbound) domain is highly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with designing solutions in the Microsoft .NET stack is required
- Experience with Microsoft Azure platform – Building applications and integrations with Azure SQL, Azure AD Authentication/Authorization is required
- 3+ years of experience with database design and developing against SQL Server
- Experience with Design patterns – specifically Pub Sub pattern and writing technical specification
- Experience developing web services and knowledge of SoA (Service-oriented Architecture)
- Experience in Unit Testing framework like XUnit, MSUnit
- Knowledge in CI/CD and Azure DevOps
- Exhibits strong values and behaviors including influencing, coaching and guiding employees at all levels of a matrix organization and is recognized as a strong team leader
- Proactively develops employees through working relationships, sharing knowledge and building networks with across the company
- 4-year Degree in IT/Business related field &/or an Associate's Degree with equivalent direct working experience is required.
- 5+ years of experience in an analyst role and writing functional and technical specifications in Microsoft .NET stack and Azure platform is required.
- 3+ years of experience with hybrid (Azure cloud and on premises) integration architecture patterns.
- Experience in Supply Chain (Inbound and Outbound) domain, is highly preferred.
- Broad knowledge and experience with any ERP platform with a preference given to Infor XA is strongly preferred.
- Experience in the trade compliance, creating and implementing internal policies to ensure a company-wide compliance with domestic and international shipping requirements, custom regulations, and trade laws is preferred.
- Previous experience working with Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Proven success in mentoring and developing less experienced technical team members
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with multiple project assignments.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.