At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
This primary responsibility of this position within the On-Road Continuous Improvement team is to investigate potential product quality issues, identify root cause, assess risk, and lead or support solution implementation. Other responsibilities include communication of root cause status across cross functional groups, trend monitoring, and potential process development.
Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Lead or support scope, root cause, consequence, and solution implementation of potential safety and quality related issues.
- Monitor current data sources and work with cross-functional teams to identify potential product safety issues that require additional focus.
- Use of problem-solving process and root cause methodology documentation.
- Use CAPAs to drive corrective actions that will apply learnings across the organization.
- Ensure all learnings are communicated to the peer team and captured in technical documentation i.e. Design Standards, FMEAs and DVP&Rs
- Support other initiatives that relate to product safety & quality.
- As needed, develop processes/standards for continuous improvement.
Experience & Skills
- 5 or more years in a product development role (design, test, or manufacturing). Title will be commensurate with experience.
- Hands-on problem-solving experience along with mechanical aptitude strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of motorcycles and/or vehicle systems and components.
- Structured problem solving and predictive statistics experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally with technical and non-technical groups.
- Decisive, self-motivated, and prone to action with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
- organization and ability to manage to progress multiple items forward in parallel.
- Must be customer focused to drive continual improvement
- Pro-E and PRS experience preferred.
- BS in Engineering required
Holding yourself and others to high standards of accountability, and creating an infrastructure and transparent corporate culture that supports and measures personal and organizational responsibility and accountability.
Creating a welcoming environment that encourages different perspectives and new ideas, building a culture of curiosity, openness, and creativity across the organization and the wider community.
Collaborating with Others
Working together with others in a cooperative and supportive manner to achieve shared goals.
Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent that meet or exceed standard expectations.
Customer Value Management
Developing customer value plans to create value for sales opportunities through effective communications and thorough knowledge of customers and markets.
- Mix of office, shop, lab, production, and field as required. Fast paced environment.
- Open to travel to other Polaris facilities and dealers as needed (up to 10%).
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.