At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The On-Road (Indian Motorcycle & Polaris Slingshot) Group’s primary mission is to build a brand based on customer centricity that delivers a premium experience for our owners. Within the team, the Owner Connections Specialist leads the way in relationship building, communication, and critical thinking to pioneer a new approach to customer engagement. The Owner Connections Specialist is a brand champion who delivers a personalized, high-touch experience to help our customers navigate whatever road they’re on. Responsibilities include managing inbound contacts and special projects. We fuel the passion of riders around the world by delivering innovative, high-quality vehicles, products, services, and experiences that enrich lives- join us today!
Location: Medina, MN
Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Communicate with owners in a highly-individualized and authentic way, ensuring the conversation is focused on that owner and demonstrating agility to understand the owner's specific needs and provide solutions
- Manage cases and time to follow up with possible customers.
- Proactively conduct technical representative outreach to facilitate repairs on behalf of the owner to build brand connection.
- Act as a unifying voice to facilitate problem-solving, research, and dispute resolution between Indian Motorcycle dealers, Dealer Services, Field Sales, and customers
- Diffuse and resolve complex customer situations; manage escalated customer contacts
- Manage cases with a commitment to a swift resolution and consistent communication with customers
- Provide expertise on a variety of motorcycle products (bikes, accessories, and apparel) representing the features and benefits; share personalized recommendations
- Conduct proactive outreach to customers who have shared reviews online and via surveys
- Drive customer centricity by influencing people across the organization to think of the customer in every decision
- Generate product/process ideas based on first-hand customer and dealer insights
- Partner with Service Engineering to ensure timely and effective resolution of immediate issues, and application to future design
- Represent division and company as spokesperson at corporate and product launch events; lead resolution of owner concerns
Experience & Skills
- A passion for the lifestyle that Indian Motorcycle is helping create for our customers
- Motorcycle, Powersports, or automotive dealership experience preferred
- Cross-functional influencing capabilities, able to work well across and up and down the organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; proficient in explaining complex situations to customers in an easy-to-understand fashion
- analytical problem-solving skills- balance practical experience with creative solutions
- Technical/Mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite, and SharePoint
- AS400 experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred; Associate degree with equivalent working experience is required
Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistently that meet or exceed standard expectations.
Collaborating with Others
Working together with others in a cooperative and supportive manner to achieve shared goals.
Customer Value Management
Developing customer value plans to create value for sales opportunities through effective communications and thorough knowledge of customers and markets.
Creating a welcoming environment that encourages different perspectives and new ideas, building a culture of curiosity, openness, and creativity across the organization and the wider community.
Holding yourself and others to high standards of accountability and creating an infrastructure and transparent corporate culture that supports and measures personal and organizational responsibility and accountability.
- Dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Primary focus working directly with Indian Motorcycle and Polaris Slingshot customers via phone and electronic communication
- This is full-time, hybrid position that requires regular in-office (Medina, MN) and remote work-from-home.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.