At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Fleet Operations Specialist is part of the Polaris Adventures team and oversees the coordination, tracking and recovery of Polaris owned inventory for employee benefit programs, marketing, engineering, sales, etc. This position will work with Polaris departments and external parties to support short and long-term Polaris Owned Vehicle goals.
- Enter, Research, monitor and track fleet inventory for distribution and recovery
- Update fleet records during status changes i.e. promotions, relocations, department moves, disposition, recovery, end of life cycle, etc. utilizing Asset Tracking, Arrival and AS400
- Understand Polaris Owned Vehicle warranty and recall process
- Collaborate with Polaris Adventures Fleet and Compliance teams to assist in the fleet disposition process
- Coordinate the distribution and oversee the order process for manufacturer plates and registration stickers
- Process and research invoices for fleet related charges in a timely manner
- Present new opportunities or ideas tailored to dealers, customers, or internal stakeholders using available data or trends
- Identify and establish innovative solutions to improve processes within fleet operations to maintain long term success
- Communicate and escalate pertinent information to the management team and relevant team members (e.g., competitive intelligence, expansion and growth initiatives, marketing activities).
- Demonstrate the ability to navigate through ambiguity and complex situations
- Drive collaboration across several businesses to include; GBU leaders, Legal, IS, PG&A and Finance
- Demonstrate the ability to understand On-Road and Off-Road product lines
- Provide support to Polaris Owned Vehicles Employee Programs during peak times, absences, or vacation
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field of focus &/or an associate degree with equivalent working experience is required
- Must have very strong Microsoft Excel skills (macros, v-lookups, etc.).
- Must have at least 2+ years of experience with order management systems, data entry optimization, Fleet Management, Logistics Management, &/or relevant Application Systems experience. Strongly preferred experience with AS400 and previous Fleet Management experience.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Process documentation and improvement skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work proactively and independently
- Flexibility to support ADV core business and new programs as they arise
- Hybrid Work Environment – Flexibility to work from home ~40% during the week
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.