At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The position supports the Polaris Powertrain (PT) Component Test Group at the Wyoming Product Development Facility. You will collaborate with a fast-paced team of experts to develop and validate new Powertrain technologies in the testing labs. The daily tasks for this position include concept engine builds, blueprinting/measurements, and teardowns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review test requests (work orders) and provide feedback to engineering on feasibility
- Teardown and/or assemble engines and related PT components
- Blueprint and catalog development field and dyno engines during engine builds/teardowns
- Setup and instrument engines and transmissions for testing
- Prepare detailed final reports to communicate/document testing results
- Assist in timely resolution of priority issues that arise in manufacturing and field/dyno testing
- Support other PT Component Test roles as necessary (Bolted Joint, PT Fab, Test Cells)
- Support calibration, maintenance, and continuous improvement of PT Component Test equipment
- Maintain an organized, safe, OSHA compliant engine build room
Skills and Knowledge
Critical Technical Skills/Knowledge
- 2-Year Technical degree in Powersports, Automotive, Ag, or similar field experience
- Excellent understanding of internal combustion engines, transmissions, and CVTs
- Experience assembling, disassembling, blueprinting engines.
- Solid understanding of troubleshooting engines, transmissions, and electrical systems
- Ability to read blueprints and use general measuring equipment
- Organized with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent multi-tasking ability
- Strong technical oral and written communication skills
- Highly flexible and self-motivated team player
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and ethics
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams, and PowerPoint
Desirable Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Fabrication and welding experience
- Data Acquisition and Automation experience a plus: A&D iTest, SuperFlow, PLCs, DC Tools
- Familiar with engine and component testing strategies
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.