At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Responsible for executing robust electrical routed system harness designs, complex component placement and providing design support throughout the development cycle and post-production activities for Indian Motorcycles.
- Collaborate closely with the Electrical Engineers and Platform Electrical Design Architect to align on the desired physical strategy for a vehicle electrical system and then proceed to execute it in the CAD realm.
- Responsible for the electrical system in CAD, including finalizing component placement, routing harnesses, and developing interfaces with other systems.
- Participates in collaborative design reviews on projects to ensure adequate input and involvement from all stakeholders.
- Assists in the design of brackets, features, interfaces, and other mechanical components to achieve successful component placement and harness routings.
- Meets project design release deadlines, including the ability to identify and prioritize the appropriate tasks when there are competing priorities.
- Actively engages with the Manufacturing team to ensure robust manufacturability of the electrical system.
- Actively engages with the Validation and Field Support teams to resolve validation or customer issues and work to resolution.
- Actively engages with Project teams to manage vehicle electrical system timelines and Bill-Of-Materials.
- Assist with developing and managing the electrical system variant strategy that will support varying feature levels and PG&A needs on vehicle platforms.
- Manage electrical design release activities.
- Performs other miscellaneous electrical design assignments as required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Electrical Technology Degree or higher with 5+ years relevant design experience.
- Proficiency with CAD required, including 3+ years of Capital Harness. 2+ years of Creo experience.
- Experience with the routing of cables and flexible components.
- Basic understanding of electrical fundamentals.
- Experience in new product design and development.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Attention to detail while managing significant complexity on multiple concurrent programs.
- Takes a hands-on approach in product development – continuously working to correlate designs with real-life performance and function.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and quickly work towards issue resolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively across cross-functional teams and leadership.
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
- Some travel required (<20%) to support vehicle builds and interface with suppliers (US and International).
- Fast-paced office, lab and manufacturing environment.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.