At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
As a Connected Systems Engineer in our Global Electrical, Embedded, & Connected Systems organization you will be a pivotal member of our team; designing, developing, specifying, and calibrating the software and hardware aspects of our connected vehicle ecosystem. The Connected Systems engineer ensures feature-level integration considerations amongst components are specified, considered, and implemented appropriately in connected applications to meet internal and externally facing connected use-cases.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting the Chief Connected Engineer in connected vehicle initiative technical execution
- Responsible for translating business and digital design requirements into vehicle-level system integration requirements and documentation in a requirements management tool that accurately reflect the needs and wants of the business while also accounting for the defined system constraints Interfaces, and guides connected component leads as needed to assist with component/module development,
- Ensuring overall technical execution is meeting program expectations Interfaces with other internal Polaris Teams as needed to ensure all connected vehicle functionality is compatible
- Assists Chief Connected Engineer with road-mapping, competitive assessments and connected strategy development as needed.
- Oversees end-to-end connected vehicle system validation to ensure technical capabilities and quality metrics are met.
- Provides oversight of external suppliers and ensures the technical deliverables of the supplier are completed as required.
- Other duties as required
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- B.S. or higher in Electrical or Computer Engineering required
- 6+ years of professional experience with previous industry experience as a full-time, contractor, co-op or intern strongly desired.
- Experience with design and/or implementation of controls required; related to vehicle controls/diagnostics/communication preferred.
- Experience with software and/or hardware V&V efforts including MIL/SIL/HIL, other low-level software verification, and related documentation required
- Experience with communication networks required; vehicle communication networks such as CAN,J1939, and UDS strongly preferred
- Experience with connected vehicles architectures, telematics, and over-the-air reflash beneficial Experience with Control System DFMEA strongly desired.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced development environment required
- Experience in effective problem solving and troubleshooting required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.