At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Human Resources Generalist (HRG) is a business partner to the Sales, Marketing and Service organizations in the Off-Road global business unit. This role will partner with functional VPs, Directors and Managers to ensure human capital outcomes that support the strategic priorities of the business. The HRG will demonstrate HR functional excellence with the goal of designing an organization (strategy, structure, people, processes) to achieve the long-range plans of the business.
- Day to day HRG support for key businesses and functions within Off Road Global Business Unit of about 300+ people
- Support development and execution of annual HR processes for Off Road teams (i.e., Organization & Talent Review, Total Rewards processes, Performance Management processes, etc.)
- Leverage and improve HR processes to drive excellence and capability to deliver value for client groups in organization and people development; Partner closely with Off-Road HR team and HR COE teams in developing solutions and managing processes
- Partner on talent management for client groups, including identification of talent needs and talent acquisition with the end game of building world-class teams with bench strength that can deliver against strategic and operational initiatives
- Conducts interviews to assists supervisors and managers in the candidate selection process; Develops and implements recruitment and staffing strategies
- Conducts exit interviews and processes required termination paperwork
- Assist managers and supervisors with record keeping and documentation on employee relations issues and corrective action steps in disciplinary issues
- Tracks, maintains, and monitors data and provides necessary reports as needed
- Maintain visibility and active presence within the team, providing daily support and communication; Build and maintain a strong teams and relationships through business partnership, coaching, mentoring and development at all levels
- Actively develop and foster a positive employee relations climate, high employee engagement, team effectiveness and integration
- Day-to-day HR tasks and other duties and projects as required or assigned
Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years of progressive Human Resources experience, previous business partner experience strongly preferred
- Proven track record of successfully implementing HR programs and initiatives; change management, org design, org effectiveness and facilitation experience
- Project management experience, ability to manage complex projects across multiple stakeholders
- Proven effectiveness operating in matrix and dynamic environments
- Strong communication skills with ability to influence and build credibility at all levels
- Demonstrated independent and sound decision-making skills; ability to think critically and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Continuous improvement mindset; seeking ways to drive innovation and efficiencies throughout the organization
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with HRIS system-based software required
- Strong analytical skills, experienced user in MS Excel and Power BI preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field, required
- Role based in a fast-paced, dynamic office environment with hybrid work arrangement
- Some domestic travel may be required (up to 10%)
- Reports into Dir, HR
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.