At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
As an NPI Material Coordinator you will be a key project team member charged with leading material coordination and planning activities of externally sourced components for new vehicle programs within a Global Business Unit (GBU) at Polaris. You will facilitate the transition of materials management to the Materials, Planning and Logistics (MP&L) team as development programs move into full scale production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES :
- Lead material coordination for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Coordinate purchase orders, requisitions, request for quotes, and other similar documents related to the sourcing of product for unreleased parts or prototypes from suppliers.
- Facilitate pilot build readiness meetings with a cross-functional team to collectively set strategy for tooled parts vs proto-type parts on a build to build basis and to address schedule risk and mitigation plans.
- Formulate expedite plan for each pilot build including forecasting expense and gaining pre-approval.
- Provide weekly exception reporting on new parts setup process including release status and item master elements that require action from sourcing and engineering teams, and drive action to drive closure.
- Attend pilot builds within the plant as a part of the immediate response team to quickly resolve potential parts issues.
- Analyze and manage MRP schedules for new parts and ensure timely part PO placements.
- Coordinate transportation and logistics methods with input from the supplier, Polaris transportation vendor, and receiving department to ensure parts are identified correctly and delivered in a cost-effective manner.
- Manage shipping schedules with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery of parts.
- Communicate shortage risk to plant materials and sourcing team though use of the shortage database, as well as following additional escalation processes.
- Facilitate smooth transition of responsibility of materials management from the development team to the Materials, Planning & Logistics (MP&L) team upon release for production to support steady, stable production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Education & Experience:
- Minimum education high school diploma or equivalency. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years of relevant experience (materials, planning, or sourcing) required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Effective time-management, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Project or other project management software.
- Solid understanding of material requirements planning (MRP).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Project management experience is desired.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills including conflict management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including intercultural communication.
- Ability to synthesize large amount of data quickly and stay calm under pressure.
- Excellent MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook) supported by matching verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge Bill of Materials (BOM) and structure.
- Knowledge of International Trade Compliance rules and practices.
- Fast-paced office environment.
- 15-20% travel required to Polaris manufacturing facilities.
Purchasing, buyer, procurement, sourcing, operations, analyst, materials, planner, scheduler
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.