At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership and execution support in the implementation of Polaris CAPA and Audit processes, including training, management review and effectiveness monitoring.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for a broad set of quality improvement processes, including risk assessment, investigation, and root cause analysis. Chair and lead regular review sessions to ensure activities are being appropriately executed to global standards
- Facilitate the standardization of reporting, monitoring and governance activities surrounding CAPA and Audit processes.
- Actively pursue the identification, development and/or implementation of initiatives related to continuous improvement, operational excellence, and remediation activities.
- Develop quality tools and processes that can be used across the enterprise to analyze and improve the quality and safety of products.
- Maintain, develop and implement processes for tracking, trending, and analyzing quality improvements, using statistical tools and methodologies.
- Continuously evaluate effectiveness of quality systems to determine gaps or areas for improvement; convey results of assessments with appropriate actions to management.
- Coordinate with the various Polaris functions to ensure awareness and understanding of quality issues and appropriate mitigation and root cause resolution.
- Ensure that Quality Objectives are set by top management for measuring consumer quality issues and that these are regularly reviewed.
- Mentor, direct and develop staff members at all levels of the organization to ensure that the quality processes are understood, supported, and successfully implemented within the corporation. Train or assist in training of all personnel in the proper performance of duties to be consistent with established quality procedures and policies.
- Coordinate improvement activities with the Global Quality Director when needed.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical field, preferably engineering.
- 5+ years’ quality leadership experience.
- 5+ years' previous supervisory/management experience.
- Experience in managing CAPA and Audit processes and systems for supplier, audit and enterprise level functions
- Advanced knowledge of quality policies and procedures.
- Strong problem solving and process development skills with ability to coach/mentor others
- Strong experience with statistical tools and methodologies.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Requires excellent leadership skills to work cross-functionally
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.