At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Business Process Optimization Team is responsible for supporting the Sourcing and Supplier relationship management capabilities by developing and implementing processes and tools to improve the execution at the project, process, and portfolio level within Global Strategic Sourcing. The BPO Project Management Leader is responsible for leading long term, high impact initiatives within Global Strategic Sourcing. The ideal candidate is passionate about project management and continuous improvement and enjoys coaching others in the application of project management / continuous improvement best practices. This person also enjoys taking complex problems and determining what project management approach to apply to gain team and stakeholder alignment in executing the solution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiates and executes business-side activities and LEAN process improvement initiatives to ensure process changes are driving value into the Sourcing and Supplier Management processes
- Applies a standard methodology to define, measure, prioritize, and execute continuous improvements to processes and systems
- Provides day-to-day support to Business Process Owner(s) / Sponsor(s) and continuously drives improvement back into the process, tool, and/or people the solution serves
- Responsible for identifying the need to develop or maintain communication, training, and / or documentation applicable to projects.
- Responsible for identifying the need to develop key metrics for monitoring of critical business practices.
- Fully understands near-term goal importance and function in the broader vision and carries out the objectives that best enable long-term vision and capability roadmap execution
- Defines scope and ROI for all improvement opportunities, prioritizes most impactful work with input from governance teams (i.e. Steering Teams, Change Control Boards, etc.)
- Develops project plans and manages project timelines, tasks, resources, deliverables, risks, and cost
- Actively participates in all phases of the project including solution definition, root-cause analysis, problem solving, requirements gathering, validation, testing, implementation, and on-going continuous improvement
- Provides strong cross-functional team leadership across multiple business units and technology partners (both internal IS and external strategic partners)
- Prepares and provides clear and concise project status communications across all levels of the organization; effectively interacts and gains alignment with all stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related
- Project Management degree OR PM Certification OR 3+ years of PM experience
- 2+ years of large/enterprise level company experience.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) including facilitation and presentation skills.
- Excellent project planning, execution, organizing and administrative skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proven track record of achieving project deliverables
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to lead change and motivate others at all levels within the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others without direct authority.
- Ability to embrace a rapidly changing environment and operate throughout ambiguous situations.
- Self-directed with strong personal initiative.
- Proficient MS Office Suite
- Accounting degree or experience
- Supply chain process experience
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.