At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Body System – Design Engineer Plastics
The role is responsible for the design of plastic body system components, management of module assemblies, and creation of associated drawings for Polaris products. Work closely with Body system engineering team, vehicle architects, systems engineers, and project teams to create and execute industry-leading designs. Interact with design and engineering resources, located domestic and international.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with Project Engineers supporting body system development.
- Utilize 3D modeling software to design plastic body components.
- Generate design concepts fulfilling key product characteristics and styling
- Must understand injection mold design methodology.
- Review and maintain body module assemblies and corresponding bill of materials.
- Ensure proper interactions are maintained to other systems.
- Create component & assembly drawings .
- Design of check fixtures and inspection gages.
- Participate in DFM focused design reviews.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum 3-8 years plastics design experience Creo preferred.
- Minimum 3-8 years’ experience with surfacing and solid modeling.
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in drafting, GD&T.
- Exposure to Alternate Plastic manufacturing process is added advantage
- Master sections working knowledge is preferred
- Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Exhibits outstanding interpersonal communication skills (both oral and written).
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.