At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Engineering Manager - Powertrain
REPORTS TO: Director, Engineering
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Responsible for leading Powertrain Engineering Team in our Bangalore, India location
• Responsible for hiring local engineering employees, compensation recommendations,
• Build, lead, coach, and develop a world class Engineering team.
• Develops, manages, and controls departmental budget
• Oversee deliverables from Product & Central Teams and ensures product group goals are
executed on-time and within scope
• Develop and maintain relationships with Product Group Directors, Leaders in U.S. and
other international locations.
• Work with reporting manager to develop synergy with other product group teams in the
• Interact and work with resources from multiple engineering sites.
• Grow and expand capabilities of Engineering Team.
• Responsible for training and developing team in Polaris Product Development
methodologies (PDP) and other appropriate processes.
• Initiates and facilitate techniques and training for technical staff. Examples include
setting up training for aspects of DFMEA, DVP&R, and other standardized systems
introduced into Polaris.
• Responsible for managing contract work in country.
• Motivates, coaches, and directs employees to further organizational objectives and
promotes employee development.
• Participate/awareness in key project milestones including Team Meetings, Design
Reviews, Gate Reviews, and Project Reviews.
• Support continuous improvement work with engineering to drive better efficiencies in
delivery and quality of work performed.
• Support program technical needs as and when required.
• Support in-country supplier development as needed.
• Provide production support and training during pilots of new models or features.
• Maintain and promote continuous improvement of workshop area for vehicle
teardowns, builds, and development
EDUCATION, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Engineering Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. 15+ Yrs. of total experience
• MBA or Management, Master’s degree preferred
- This role will Involve Leading team members with diverse experience: Powertrain functions that include CAE, Design, Development, Software Developer, Electric Powertrain and Controls, Engine & Engine Sub-systems, Calibration .
• Prior experience having managed a team of 10+ engineers and demonstrated hands-on
experience working / ownership of vehicle system or subsystem.
• High level of people skills, able to work in a team environment.
• Design and development experience required.
• Creative, innovative, decisive and prone to action.
• Quality and customer focused.
• Possess and apply a broad knowledge of principals, practices, and procedures to the
completion of difficult technical problems and projects.
• Technical knowledge as demonstrated by academic experience and broad
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
• Fast paced office environment.
• Flexible hours may be required to participate in meetings with global team.
- International Travel to United States may be required (less than 10%).
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.