Required Tools and Supplies
- 26mm Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Multifunction Pliers
- Flat Head Screwdriver
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
For more information on tools, visit the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris snowmobile. To remove and install the ignition switch on your Patriot Boost INDY VR1 snowmobile, follow these steps:
1. Ensure the snowmobile is on a flat, level surface and remove the key.
2. Remove both side panels by turning the three quarter-turn latches. Pivot the panels away from the sled and pull out to remove.
3. Disconnect the two hood latches.
4. Lift the hood up slightly to gain access to the connector underneath.
5. Disconnect the connector and remove the hood from the sled.
6. Remove the two push-pin rivets at the front of the switch panel with multifunction pliers.
7. Pivot the panel up and slide forward to release the retention tabs.
8. Carefully remove and retain the ignition switch nut with a 26mm socket.
9. Pull the switch forward through the hole in the switch panel and pivot out to gain access to the connector.
10. Continue by pushing in on the connector tab and pulling back to disconnect from the ignition switch. A flat head screwdriver can be used to aid in releasing the connector tab.
11. To install, connect the connector to the ignition switch and ensure it is fully seated.
12. Align the notch above the switch with the notch in the switch panel.
13. Reinstall the ignition switch through the switch panel and secure with the retained nut.
14. Torque the nut to 50 in-lbs (5.65 Nm) while holding the ignition switch.
15. Insert the switch panel retention points into the console first and pivot the panel down.
16. Reinstall the panel push-pin rivets.
17. Reinstall the hood panel, ensuring the front tabs are properly engaged.
18. Reconnect the connector underneath and verify it is secure.
19. Secure the two hood panel latches.
20. Reinstall both side panels by inserting the upper tab and pivoting in to engage the lower tab.
21. Latch the three quarter-turn latches to secure each panel.
22. Finish by starting the vehicle to ensure proper operation.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc