This video goes over how to install the Lock & Ride Full Windshield - Hard Coat Poly (part number 2884540) and the Lock & Ride Full Vented Windshield - Hard Coat Poly (part number 2884542). Read the installation instructions for more information.
Required Tools and Supplies
- T30 TORX® Socket
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when installing accessories on your Polaris RZR.
To install the poly windshield kit on your RZR XP, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure the vehicle is in PARK and remove the key.
2. Remove and retain the two front mounts on the roof. Note: If you have an aluminum roof, use a T30 TORX® socket. For poly roofs, release quick clamps at front of roof.
3. Lift the front of the roof. Tip: If you don’t have an assistant, a small block can be used to hold the roof in a lifted position.
4. Place the windshield against both A-pillars of the roll cage and position inside the windshield channel, between the hood and upper dashboard panel.
5. Slide the top of the windshield onto the roll cage.
6. Lift the front of the roof and slide the top of the windshield onto the roll cage. Tip: If you don’t have an assistant, a small block can be used to hold the roof in a lifted position.
7. Close the levers of the Lock and Ride clamps around the A-pillars.
8. Place the seal at the top of the windshield and lower the roof. Ensure it is fully seated. Tip: Be sure to remove the small block before tightening the two roof mounts.
9. Finally, reinstall the retained front mounts, and torque to 14.75 ft-lbs (20 Nm).
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.