Required Tools and Supplies
- T40 TORX® Socket
- 10mm Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Dielectric Grease or Petroleum Jelly
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
If your vehicle is equipped with one battery, read 2022+ RZR Pro R Battery Removal and Installation. Follow the video above and instructions below if your RZR Pro R has two batteries, factory equipped or installed later. The installation kit for a dual battery setup is part number 2884347.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your vehicle. To remove and install the batteries on your RZR Pro R, follow these steps:
Note: Two-seat models with have both batteries located underneath the driver’s seat, whereas four-seat models will have one battery located under the driver and passenger seats.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure the vehicle is in PARK and remove the key.
2. Route the driver’s seat harness out of the way to aid in seat removal.
3. Pull up on the front seat lever and pivot forward to remove the seat from the vehicle. On four seat models, remove both front seats.
4. Position the lower seat belt out of the way to aid in battery removal.
5. Locate the main positive and negative battery cables in the vehicle. On dual battery setups, there will be two cables for positive and negative. One will be connected to the main vehicle harness, and the other will be a jumper cable between the batteries.
6. Loosen the black negative battery cable fastener and washer with a 10mm socket on the main vehicle harness first to prevent arcing. Secure the cable away from the terminals. Tip: Reinstalling the fasteners and washers into the battery posts will help prevent misplacement.
7. Remove the black negative cable fastener and washer on the jumper cable with a 10mm socket, and remove the cable.
8. Pull the red boot back from the main harness positive cable.
9. Remove the red positive cable fastener and washer with a 10mm socket.
10. Pull the the red boot back from the positive jumper cable.
11. Remove the positive cable fastener and washer with a 10mm socket, and remove the cable. Warning: Use care to ensure tools do not come into contact with both battery posts.
12. Remove the two battery hold-down fasteners with a T40 TORX® socket, and lift the bracket out of the vehicle.
13. Adjust the seat bracket as necessary to create enough clearance for battery removal.
14. Pivot the battery up and lift out to remove.
15. Repeat this process for the remaining battery.
16. If reinstalling the batteries, ensure they are fully charged and free of any debris to prevent damage. Follow the instructions in the Battery Charging section of your Owner’s Manual before installing the batteries. A new battery is part number 4014609.
17. Clean any dirt or debris from the battery box.
18. Inspect the pads on the underside of the battery brackets for wear or damage, and replace if necessary. New battery bracket pads are part number 5810290.
19. Install the battery and pivot into place with the terminals in the upper position.
20. Install the battery hold-down bracket and align with the mounting holes.
21. Reinstalling the two hold-down fasteners, and torque to 53 in-lbs (6 Nm).
22. Repeat this process for the remaining battery.
23. Move the seat bracket to the rear-most position.
24. Install the positive jumper cable FIRST, and torque the fastener to 60 in-lbs (7 Nm).
25. Reinstall the cable protector boot.
26. Connect the positive jumper cable to the main harness positive cable.
27. Reinstall the positive cable fastener and washer, and torque the fastener to 60 in-lbs (7 Nm).
28. Reinstall the positive cable protector boot over the main harness cable.
29. Install the negative jumper cable, and torque the fastener to 60 in-lbs (7 Nm).
30. Connect the negative jumper cable to the main harness negative cable and reinstall the fastener and washer. Torque the fastener to 60 in-lbs (7 Nm).
31. Verify the cables are secure and properly routed. Note: The negative jumper cable should be routed under the rear positive cable on two seat models.
32. Coat all four terminals with dielectric grease or petroleum jelly.
33. Reposition the lower portion of the seatbelt to its normal resting position.
34. Reinstall the seat by aligning the front alignment tabs and pushing down on the rear to engage the rear latch. Repeat the process for the passenger seat on four seat models.
35. Turn the key ON to verify the battery has been connected properly. Note: When the battery is disconnected, the vehicle’s clock may need to be reset.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.