To operate the charging system on your 2023 RANGER XP Kinetic, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure the vehicle is in PARK and remove the key.
2. Plug the charger into either a 120-volt or 240-volt wall outlet. If needed, remove the 120-volt adapter by pulling the plug out of the charger and install the 240-volt adaptor. Ensure the adapter is fully seated.
3. The status light on the EVSE charger may change from Blue to Amber or Red and may blink or pulse depending on the status.
|Standby. The charger is receiving power and not charging the vehicle.
|Solid Blue, Amber & Red
|Rebooting. The charger is recovering after encountering an error.
|Solid Amber & Pulsing Blue
|Charging Reduced. The charger is charging at a reduced rate due to overheating.
|User Troubleshooting. The charger has encountered an error that requires troubleshooting.
|Non-Recoverable Fault. There is an internal fault in the charger that cannot be recovered.
|1 Red Flash
|Non-Recoverable Fault, Adapter. There is an internal fault in the adapter that cannot be recovered.
|Ground Leakage Fault. Electrical current is leaking through a potentially unsafe path. Immediately turn off the circuit breaker for the outlet.
4. Open the charger compartment lid on the driver's side of the vehicle.
5. Open the charger port cover. Continue by inserting the charging connector into the charger port until you hear a click. The vehicle will then turn on to indicate that charging has begun. Note: The vehicle will not be drivable while the charging plug is connected.
6. While charging the vehicle, the display in the instrument cluster and display powered by RIDE COMMAND will switch to the charging screen. The accent light, if turned on, will blink to indicate the state of charge. Note: The charge performance may vary depending on the power source and ambient temperature. For more information, refer to EV section of your Owner’s Manual or 2023 RANGER XP Kinetic Charging Basics.
7. Once the battery is fully charged, the vehicle will power down to indicate that it has been fully charged. It is recommended to leave the vehicle plugged in between frequent uses to maintain optimal performance.
8. Once ready to ride, remove the charging plug, reinstall the charger port cover and ensure it is fully seated.
9. Close the compartment lid and ensure it is fully closed. Operating the vehicle with the port cover or compartment lid open may allow dirt and debris to enter the charging terminals.
10. If operating in cold weather, turning the key switch ON a few minutes before operation will activate the battery heaters and allow the battery pack or packs time to warm up. This will help prevent reduced performance, speed, charge times and range.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.