|Required Tools and Supplies
|5/8-Inch Spark Plug Socket
For more information on tools, read Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RANGER.
To inspect and replace the spark plugs on your 2022+ RANGER SP 570, RANGER SP 570 Premium or RANGER SP 570 NorthStar Edition, follow these steps.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface and ensure it is in PARK.
2. Pull up on the cargo box latch and pivot the box up.
3. Before continuing, wipe away any dirt or debris around the spark plug boot with a clean, dry cloth.
4. Carefully remove the spark plug boot.
5. Before continuing, blow any dirt or debris out of the spark plug well with compressed air to prevent debris from falling into the cylinder.
6. Carefully loosen the spark plug with the 5/8” spark plug socket included in your tool kit and remove from the vehicle. If reusing, take note of the cylinders they were installed in for reinstallation.
7. Inspect the electrode for wear and carbon buildup and verify there are no cracks around the insulation. The spark plug should have a sharp outer edge with no rounding or erosion.
8. Inspect and adjust the spark plug gap if needed. The gap should measure 0.028-0.031 in (0.7-0.8 mm).
9. If necessary, replace with the recommended spark plug, part number 3022662.
10. Install the spark plug into the engine and torque to 9ft-lbs (12 Nm). Do not apply anti-seize to the threads.
11. Before continuing, apply a small amount of dielectric grease to the spark plug boot.
12. Reinstall the spark plug boot and ensure it is fully seated.
13. Tilt the cargo box down and ensure it is properly latched.
14. Finally, start the engine in a well-ventilated area to verify proper operation.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
NGK® is a registered trademark of NGK Spark Co., Ltd.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Inc.