|Required Tools and Supplies
|Driven Clutch Spreader Tool
|Drive Belt (Part Number 3211218)
For more information on tools, read Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RANGER.
To inspect and replace the drive belt on your 2022+ RANGER SP 570, RANGER SP 570 Premium or RANGER SP 570 NorthStar Edition, follow these steps.
Warning: Drive belt maintenance should only be performed after the vehicle has completely cooled.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface and ensure it is in PARK.
2. Pull up on the cargo box latch and pivot the box up.
3. Remove the eight clutch cover fasteners with an 8mm socket.
4. Continue by pivoting the bottom of the cover outward and over the suspension.
5. Pivot the front of the cover out to remove while taking care to avoid damaging the cover gasket.
6. Inspect the cover gasket for wear or damage and replace if necessary. See your dealer for replacement.
7. Before continuing, take note of the drive belt direction of rotation. The belt must be installed in the same direction if reusing.
8. Insert the clutch spreader tool from your tool kit into the threaded hole on the driven clutch and turn clockwise to spread the clutch.
9. Continue by working the belt off the driven clutch and then remove from the drive clutch.
10. Inspect the belt for any fraying, hour-glassing, loose cords, missing cogs, abrasions, burns or damage, and replace if needed. The drive belt is part number 3211218.
11. Clean out the inside of the clutch covers thoroughly.
12. Remove all debris from the entire clutch air duct passage near the front driver’s side of the engine.
13. If replacing the belt, ensure the part number on the belt is facing outwards when installed.
14. Begin installing the belt over the drive clutch and then continue walking it over the driven clutch sheave.
15. Completely remove the clutch spreader tool.
16. Rotate the driven clutch five to seven times by hand to help seat the belt.
17. Reinstall the clutch cover by inserting the top half in first. Then pivot the bottom half over the suspension and into place.
18. Reinstall the eight cover fasteners and torque to 44 in-lbs (5 Nm).
19. Finally, tilt the cargo box down and ensure it is properly latched.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Inc.