At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Title: Embedded System Validation Engineer.
Reports To: Team Lead, Embedded System Validation
JOB SUMMARY: In this role, you will be responsible for the automated validation of embedded controls software. Your primary responsibility is the development and execution of tests; and the analysis of the test results. You will design and develop any necessary harnesses and vehicle loads for the HIL system to support automated validation. You will have to simulate vehicle components such as sensors, switches, and actuators via model or code. You may also have to diagnose and troubleshoot software, hardware, and harness issues on the HIL system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work with controller leads to plan test script development and software validation schedules.
2. Manage multiple ECU validation schedules and projects simultaneously.
3. Review and understand ECU software requirements and the desired functionality of the vehicle system.
4. Design test cases and develop test scripts to automate software validation on a HIL system.
5. Setup, execute, and analyze the results of the automated test scripts and report results to stakeholders.
6. Design harnesses and loads banks for the HIL system to simulate a vehicle based on wire schematics and components.
1. B.S. or higher in Engineering required, prefer Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering; would consider candidates with a B.S. or higher in Computer Science, Physics, or Mathematics with applicable experience in an automotive related software testing role.
2. Understanding of engine, powertrain, chassis, body, and suspension control systems.
3. Experience with automated test development and object-oriented programming.
4. Experience with vehicle communication protocols required, CAN/J1939/UDS preferred. Experience with real-time hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) test system hardware and software required.
5. Experience with Git version control system.
6. Experience with MATLAB/Simulink.
7. Ability to troubleshoot test hardware and wire harnesses using scopes and multimeters.
1. Strong Python programming and debugging skills.
2. Experience with dSPACE and/or NI hardware and software systems.
3. Experience with OBD2 (J1979; ASAM MCD3-D; ASAM ODX) highly desired.
4. Strong Git and Bash skills.
5. Real-time modeling experience.
6. Experience with ASAM XIL v2+ desired.
7. Experience with ECU measurement and calibration desired (CCP/XCP; ASAM MCD3-MC).
8. Experience with lifecycle management software desired, PTC Integrity/Windchill PLM preferred.
Additionally, you may:
1. Develop additional software tools to support test automation.
2. Develop real-time plant models to perform closed loop testing.
3. Participate in HARA/FMEA and software functional safety discussions.
4. Help to design new HIL systems or upgrades to support additional testing.
5. Provide input to software improvements and design.
6. Other duties as required.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.