At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship
Polaris, a global powersports leader, is looking for a software program manager to build high quality products. This is an exciting position on a team building world-class connected rider solutions. As a highly influential leader on the team, you will have the ability and empowerment to make changes and move quickly. You will have the opportunity to directly impact cellular connectivity, infotainment, and other software projects at Polaris. The ideal candidate is effective in a fast-paced Agile development environment, pushing industry best practices and system maturity. Interest in powersports is a plus, as there are many opportunities to ride! The primary responsibility is to plan software projects, track software development status and report software project status to key stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead individual software engineers globally and create software development plan based on the team’s input.
- Assist Global Business Unit (GBU) program managers and provide necessary information for GBU project status.
- Drive alignment with different stakeholders for the software project planning and execution.
- Collect software project status by working with individual software engineers globally and report the status to key stakeholders proactively.
- Lead the team to identify different ideas and facilitate the team to reach agreements with related teams or stakeholders. This includes technical issues and non-technical issues.
- Anticipate technical risks and schedule risks and identify risk mitigation plan proactively.
- Report project status in a weekly project review meeting.
- Follow up actions identified as part of weekly project review meeting and drive closure for those actions.
- Continue to work with the team and make recommendations for improving software development process.
- Lead or participate Agile meetings such as daily scrum, sprint review, retrospective review, etc.
- Manage software development backlogs and adjust priorities based on the stakeholders’ input.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years previous experience working in Automotive software field.
- 5+ years with Agile methodology and have direct experience to apply Agile methodology in automotive software development field.
- 5+ years of Infotainment (or similar) software development experience. 5+ years of software development life cycle management (SDLC).
- 5+ years of software program management experience. Familiar with the latest software technology in the Automotive Industry.
- 3+ years of embedded software development experience. Strong collaboration skills.
- Strong influence skills.
- Creative, innovative, decisive and prone to action.
- Quality and customer focused.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Team Player that can work well across and up and down the organization.
- Strong professional development and team building skills.
- Experience with a connected vehicle or software defined vehicle and technology.
- Full life cycle experience managing software projects using Agile.
- Experience with Android OS or Yocto Linux on a production project.
- End to end software development experience with SAFe agile or similar.
- Tier - 1 or Tier - 2 working experience for automotive industry.
Standard office environment
Remote preferred, some travel required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.