At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Inbound Logistics Supervisor role has the responsibility for overseeing a team of analysts that work to manage the Inbound transportation of raw materials into Polaris Inc. plants worldwide. The primary responsibilities are to support the daily operational effectiveness and efficiency by using analytical tools and data-driven processes to meet production timelines, support daily ad-hoc operational challenges, and guide logistical decisions for 3PL providers and internal stakeholders while achieving financial targets. Macro key performance indicators are on-time pickup and delivery of materials into Polaris’s production facilities. Additionally, this position will identify improvement opportunities to drive cost savings, provide accuracy and transparency into financial and volume outlooks, identify and document root cause analysis for failures, and implement process and procedure changes to improve performance. This position will work closely with the logistics team and Global Business Unit decision makers to drive cost, quality, and service improvements.
- Responsible for ensuring on-time pickup from Polaris’s suppliers on instructed ship date and on-time delivery is achieved per dock due date.
- Management of analysts on execution of daily ad-hoc logistics requests from 3PL providers, Global Business Unit partners, and Polaris’s suppliers.
- Drive the creation of improved processes within the team and document key process steps along with specific stakeholder roles and responsibilities.
- Manage service levels through implementation of standard operating procedures and KPI’s.
- Develop and implement innovative solutions for improved customer satisfaction, cost, and quality.
- Implement VIP projects to drive improvements in the logistics network through cost down initiatives.
- Work closely with internal customers to solve problems and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Conduct root-cause analysis where required to resolve planning, process, and service issues.
- Achieve monthly/quarterly/yearly financial targets.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree required, concentration in Supply Chain or business or related discipline preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in logistics/transportation management
- Logistics operational experience focused around transportation management
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills in logistics in a global, complex manufacturing environment.
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to summarize data into executive dashboards (Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI, Alteryx)
- Operates with a sense of urgency to address issues and opportunities for improvement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including negotiation and presentation skills with all levels of the organization and its suppliers.
- Team player with proven ability to establish collaborative cross-functional working relationships and lead teams towards a common goal.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and initiatives within time constraints.
- Ability to work effectively with minimum level of supervision.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.