At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
- Directly supervises and oversees the workmanship for all mechanical, facilities and electrical staff
- Prepares work schedules and provides technical work direction or develops solutions to specific technical problems.
- Establish, execute, and manage predictive and preventative maintenance programs, schedules and record keeping of all facility and manufacturing equipment.
- Maintain neat, clean, orderly work areas Perform special projects as assigned
- Supervise facilities staff and contracted services
- Assist in the preparation of cost estimates, schedules, personnel, utility and material requirements
- Assist in the procurement of outside contractors to carry out specific mechanical or electrical assignments.
- Identify and collect data to justify equipment and manpower additions.
- Supervise improvement projects, equipment moves and capital equipment installations.
- Drive safe and healthy work practices within the team while strictly following all safety rules and regulations. This includes insuring OSHA compliance in the maintenance, contractor and custodial teams.
- Identify environmental, safety and ergonomic risks and develop and execute plans for improvement.
Skills and Knowledge:
- 2 year Post Secondary Degree/Certificate and 2+ years Industrial Maintenance supervisory and/or technical experience preferred.
- 5+ years of combined Supervisory and Technical experience will be considered in lieu of post secondary education
- Metal working knowledge is a plus (including welding and fabrication).
- Knowledge of OSHA/safety guidelines, procedures and policies related to maintenance and repair (specifically Arc Flash, Lock Out/Tag Out and OSHA 30 hr training) is required.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret design drawings and tooling prints
- Proven communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Availability and willingness to work overtime as required; "on-call" duty is required
- Ability to work well with little supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to lead effectively in a fast-paced work environment
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.