At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
Polaris is seeking a Hardware Validation Engineer to work within the Vehicle Electronics and Software (VES) Organization. The candidate will be responsible for working with both internal and external partners to plan and execute validation tests of electrical controllers installed on Polaris vehicles. The candidate will be responsible for designing test setups in accordance with the agreed test plan and associated requirements, overseeing the fabrication of the test setup, performing initial checkout of the test setup, and providing necessary support to test labs during the execution. The Hardware Validation engineer will assemble and review the required reports required for official production sign-off of the controllers.
This role is onsite (minimum 3-days/week).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that Hardware Validation is conducted in accordance with applicable processes/standards.
- Responsible for developing the hardware validation plan for electrical controllers developed for or by Polaris.
- Analyze and review requirements and develop associated test cases..
- Work closely with the regulatory compliance team in support of test development and execution of radio compliance certifications.
- Establish and develop contacts/relationships with environmental test labs.
- Coordinate test execution with component systems leads and program managers.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives for Hardware Development and Validation.
- Represent the Validation team as part of a broader peer team of electrical and mechanical engineers discussing and reviewing hardware issues and design changes.
- Provide support to the peer team for updating and defining the testing standards for our products.
- Support system and hardware design reviews (including Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessments (HARA), Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis (DFMEA), and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), etc.)
- Other duties as required.
- Some (domestic and international) travel required
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- B.S. or higher in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering required (Other engineering disciplines considered with relevant experience).
- 3+ years’ experience in design, verification or validation of electronics especially related to vehicle controls, displays, and communication equipment.
- Experience with environmental tests from a mechanical and electrical perspective.
- The candidate should have demonstrated ability in project management to work with internal and external labs for formal test execution.
- Embedded hardware, electronic circuit, and RF design experience.
- Experience with communications technologies including, CAN, Ethernet, USB, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, VHF, and Cellular.
- Experience with UDS, and J1939 strongly preferred.
- Experience with DFMEA, SFMEA, and Functional Safety strongly desired
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced development environment required
- Familiarity with requirement and test case management in any requirement/software development database application (e.g. DOORS, CodeBeamer, Jama)
- Experience working with global teams
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.