At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Job Title: Senior Electric and Hybrid Motor Control Engineer
Are you ready to lead the charge in revolutionizing electric powertrains? Do you thrive on crafting innovative motor control solutions for the next generation of vehicles? Join Polaris Inc. as a Senior Electric and Hybrid Motor Control Engineer and become a pivotal force in shaping the future of mobility!
We're seeking a dynamic Senior Engineer to spearhead our motor control development efforts.
As a Senior Electric and Hybrid Motor Control Engineer, you will:
- Develop cutting-edge motor control solutions for a diverse range of Polaris electric vehicles, both On-Road and Off-Road.
- Collaborate closely with ePT system engineers to translate powertrain system requirements into precise motor controller specifications.
- Drive the implementation of controller requirements using Simulink models, ensuring seamless integration with our controls software development team.
- Interface with vendors and internal teams to oversee component/module development, ensuring alignment with our system objectives.
- Lead validation efforts, including MIL/SIL/HIL simulation and bench/vehicle testing, to guarantee the reliability and efficiency of our motor control systems.
- Champion Functional Safety Management goals, including participation in Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessments (HARA) and Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis (DFMEA).
- Maintain comprehensive motor control development project plans and provide regular updates to the project management team.
- Spearhead root cause analysis and troubleshooting activities, showcasing your expertise in problem-solving.
We're looking for an exceptional candidate who possesses:
- B.S. or higher in Engineering, with a focus on Electrical, Mechatronics, or related fields.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in motor controls development, with a proven track record in inverter/converter applications and development for traction systems.
- Proficiency in motor control algorithms and software, including field-oriented control, direct torque/flux control, fault handling, and design optimization.
- Strong familiarity with communication networks such as CAN, UDS, and J1939.
- Expertise in simulation tools and software like MATLAB, Simulink, and PLECS, including simulation correlation and validation at various levels.
- Experience in software and/or hardware V&V efforts, including MIL/SIL/HIL, unit testing, and related documentation.
- Knowledge of DFMEA, SFMEA, and Functional Safety principles is highly desired.
- A deep understanding of industry standards and regulations related to electric motor control systems.
Why Choose Polaris Inc.?
- Trailblazing Innovation: Be part of a team driving the future of electric powertrains and sustainable mobility.
- Collaborative Environment: Work with a dynamic team of experts dedicated to pushing boundaries and shaping the future.
- Professional Growth: Leverage opportunities for career advancement in a fast-paced, evolving industry.
- Impact: Contribute to a more sustainable world by creating solutions that reduce our environmental footprint.
Join us as we pave the way towards a more sustainable, electrified world. Together, we'll leave a lasting impact on the future of mobility.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.