At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Retail Experience Manager is responsible for the in-store execution of the motorcycle division’s go-to market plans as well as growing both Motorcycle unit sales and parts, garments and accessories (PG&A) business within the assigned territory (Northeastern Ohio Western Pennsylvania, Western New York, and Northern WV.) Through strategic partnerships with business units, Dealer Sales team and dealers, the REM is responsible for Motorcycle unit sales, PG&A revenue and stocking goals; Driving customer satisfaction, dealer and business unit profitability. The REM will also be responsible for in-store retail experience, including merchandising of wholegood units, branded accessories and apparel. The REM will execute in-store product and customer experience training, as well as support local and regional events and ensure dealers are compliant with brand standards. Ideal candidate must be located within 50 miles of the Pittsburgh metro area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with dealerships to identify opportunity gaps using Key Performance Indicators.
- Works with dealer to Implement corrective measures to eliminate constraints in the dealer’s sales process.
Parts, Garments, Accessories Performance
- Works with dealerships to meet division stocking and inventory goals of branded parts, garments and accessories inclusive of stocking and minimizing obsolete inventory
- Ensures proper in-store and online sales processes to maximize dealer PG&A profitability
- Solicits and maintains compliance of PG&A stocking profiles
- Optimize the buying experience through robust PG&A merchandising
- Develop and execute PG&A retail plans
In Store Retail Experience
- Lead showroom merchandising and accessorizing strategies to improve overall retail experience.
- Communicates merchandising successes, opportunities and solutions to sales leadership and PG&A teams to drive results.
- Drives sales and profitability through proper merchandising and overall presentation of motorcycles and PG&A within assigned dealerships.(on floor, on walls, on units)
- Drive PG&A performance and profitability through implementation of a PG&A sales process – ensuring strong integration into the new unit sales process
- Ensure product displays are set timely and correctly based on merchandising fundamentals and designated planograms ensuring dealer partners are upholding the integrity of the IMC & Slingshot brands.
- Work with dealers to maintain proper inventory through the setting of appropriate stocking profiles through a retail driven perspective.
- Direct dealers to proper resources, communicate with internal partners, and escalate when appropriate to quickly resolve issues with win/win solutions.
- Lead customer first mindset across assigned dealer network
- Review customer satisfaction measurement tools and KPIs to understand strengths and opportunities to ensure industry-leading customer satisfaction in assigned territory.
- Implement corrective and preventative procedures in store to ensure positive customer experience and dealer ratings.
- Deliver training to dealer sales staff in critical areas of sales process and product knowledge to include motorcycle and related garment and accessory products and business practices
- Deliver training to improve dealer customer satisfaction in dealership
- Ensure dealer staff is current on required training modules
- Protect and grow share of store: Manage share of floor, wall and displays for each motorcycle brand
- Confirm proper point of purchase materials set in store and online
- Sell-in and monitors division branding requirements.
- Supports the motorcycles field sales, events, and marketing teams in the planning and on-site execution of national, regional, and local sales events
- Enhances customer experience at events by providing a consistent, professional representation of the Indian Motorcycle and Slingshot brands.
- Cultivate positive relationships with dealership teams
- Maintain front-of-mind brand awareness and brand loyalty
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a related field-strongly preferred
- 2-3 years of business and/or retail experience required; Business to Business sales and Powersports industry experience preferred
- Strong ability to influence decision making and ability to construct a business case to accomplish desired business unit goals.
- Working knowledge of dealer systems and processes and merchandising within a retail operation; ideally within a 2-tier distribution model
- Ability to apply value selling principles and win through influencing a must
- Understanding, appreciation, and passion for the motorcycle industry
- Proficient in all MS Office software suites
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Must appreciate and maintain the highest level of customer service through relationship building and meeting commitments.
- Works semi-independently while taking direction/advice from manager and senior team members. Communicating improvement recommendations to senior team members.
- Must be willing to reside central to Northeastern Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Western New York, and Northern WV
- Road Warrior – Extensive daily travel within a territory of up to 80%.
- Monthly travel could include up to eight overnights or more.
- Will be responsible for monthly travel to dealerships located in the Northeastern Ohio Western Pennsylvania, Western New York, and Northern WV.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Frequent bending, twisting, stooping, reaching, and lifting.
- Required to stand on a cement floor for long periods of time.
- Some travel to remote locations and Polaris corporate locations may be required
- Work from your home office with support from the corporate location.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.