At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Supervisor for a manufacturing warehouse for Polaris’ Central Ops business unit. Coordinate department special projects. Supervise staff in accordance with company policies and procedures while following work processes. Responsible for departmental Safety, Quality, and Productivity goals and objectives. Establish and maintain effective employee relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage special projects to ensure efficiency and quality while exceeding daily order response and program goals.
• Responsible for the department to meet warehouse safety, quality, and productivity goals.
• Evaluate department processes. Recommend and coordinate needed changes based on process analysis.
• Define and manage a departmental budget, packaging, maintenance, and other associated costs.
• Direct staff in developing, analyzing, and preparing reports (e.g., Weekly employee productivity, quality and safety performance reports, departmental processes, etc.).
• In partnership with other supervisors, responsible for staff scheduling to include: work assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignments, back-up for absent employees, and shift rotations.
• Serve on committees and teams as a department representative.
• Supervise staff in accordance with company policies and procedures. Provide discipline and corrective action as required.
• Assist staff to resolve complex or out-of-policy operation problems.
• Conduct interviews, hire new staff, and ensure proper training and employee orientation are provided.
• Coach and provide career development advice to staff.
• Establish departmental and employee goals and conduct employee performance reviews.
• Coordinate with Human Resources and supervisors to maintain a strong work force.
• Schedule and conduct staff meetings.
• Communicate to all levels of the organization on topics of daily goals, performance feedback, departmental, organization, and company initiatives, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Minimum of Bachelor's Degree with a preferred emphasis in management.
• 5+ years of large-scale automated, distribution/manufacturing operations experience, including budget/expense responsibility required.
• Strong problem-solving skills, proven capabilities of root-causing issues, and driving sustained solutions supported by metrics.
• Talented communicator, capable of communicating complex messages to diverse groups with proven results
• Safety, experienced in OSHA standards and tracking, ability to lead the organization in analysis and changes to working practices and culture to exceed OSHA standards
• Skillful leader with proven ability to drive change and sustain results
• Driven for results with a relentless appetite to improve and exceed goals.
• Systems experience with AS400, RF/Bar-coding technology, and sortation/material handling systems preferred.
• Fundamental understanding of distribution: logistics, fulfillment, operations, and facilities.
• Strong organizational management, passion for quality, and supervisory skills will be needed.
Working conditions are normal for a warehouse and office environment. Work involves lifting materials and products up to 40 pounds. Equipment operation requires specialized training and testing within Polaris’ standards. Must be able to balance many demands simultaneously.
The salary range for Washington State is $73,000 - $87,000. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills, and geography.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.