At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The position will ensure effective and timely execution of Inbound operations. Focus will be supporting day to day operations to achieve service level, cost, and operational metrics goals.
- Serve as main point of contact and liaison for Internal Business Units, carrier base, and 3PL TMS provider.
- Plan, scope, and coordinate the freight operations for shipments.
- Identify, plan, and execute cost down opportunities through mode shift, lead time management and expedite processes.
- Work to maintain specified Inbound service levels across all Internal Business Units.
- Create and analyze operational reports to drive and monitor 3PL execution and metrics.
- Communicate externally with providers to create operational plans to ensure monthly and quarterly operational plans.
- Provide superior customer service, internal and external, communicate clearly and proactively.
- Work both independently and collaboratively to develop supply chain solutions.
- Partner with Sourcing team on bid implementation, onboarding, capacity planning, and carrier scorecarding.
- Provide reverse logistics support to maintain flow of returnable parts required at suppliers.
- Work on special projects as identified.
- BS/BA in Supply Chain, Engineering or Business-related discipline required
- 1-3 years in transportation related role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint required.
- Excellent analytical skills specific to Logistics.
- Ability to identify root cause of cost and service issues, and plan and execute mitigation or recovery strategies.
- Self-starter with the ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Good organizational skills and effective problem-solver.
- Excellent Visio, Access and PowerBI skills.
- Ability to work with large data sets, analyze and prepare solutions.
- Experience Process Mapping and Lean/Six Sigma knowledge.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.