At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Support Polaris Snow Validation in field activities. Collaborate with a fast-paced team of experts to validate new and existing vehicle system designs in the field and test lab. Daily tasks will include vehicle instrumentation, test fixture preparation, vehicle set-up, light fabrication, test execution, certification and documentation of test status and results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Instrument vehicles to measure strain, acceleration, force, voltage, current, temperature, etc.
- Operate test vehicles, equipment and software in the field to collect desired data
- Conduct research collecting data, keeping good records and write test reports for tests conducted
- Execute certification tests and support product compliance
- Communication and documentation of results
- Fabrication of components and test fixtures
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Maintain a clean, safe work area and meet OSHA requirements
- Self-starter, willing to work overtime as needed
- Able to communicate professionally and drive projects to timely completion
- Must be willing to travel regularly
- Perform other duties as required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
Critical Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail and strong mechanical aptitude
- Computer skills, use of Microsoft Office required
- Data acquisition & diagnostic tool experience needed
Desirable Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Superb writing and presentation skills
- Fabrication, machining, welding, soldering.
- Able to comprehend vehicle electrical systems, wiring schematics
- Valid drivers license required, Class A preferred
- Must be willing to travel regularly
- Must be capable of operating Snowmobiles in extreme conditions
- Must be capable of driving trucks with trailers (>26,000 GCVR)
- Must be capable of operating machinery (Forklifts, Snow Groomer, Tractor and Skidsteer)
- Fast paced testing in-field and shop environments
- Working around machinery, vehicles, moving parts
- Willing to work weekends on short notice
- Travel Required (25%)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.