At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship
Join the Revolution in Powersports Connectivity!
Are you ready to shape the future of powersports? Polaris, the global leader in powersports, is seeking a seasoned Senior Software Engineer to lead the charge in building cutting-edge Infotainment Features. This is your chance to be part of the dynamic In Vehicle Infotainment team, dedicated to crafting world-class connected rider solutions.
What You'll Do:
• Master Time Management: Keep the wheels turning smoothly by proactively coordinating and communicating to ensure deadlines are met.
• Global Collaboration: Work closely with Polaris team members and external vendors across multiple locations, bringing a global perspective to your work.
• Concept Validation: Act as the bridge between UI/UX designers and development, collecting requirements, asking the right questions, and validating concepts and approaches.
• Hardware Whisperer: Quickly grasp hardware/architecture capabilities and limitations, identifying risks and proposing ingenious solutions.
• Code Wizardry: Write code that is modular, performant, and of the highest quality. Your code will be self-documenting, adhering to standards and best practices.
• Testing Guru: Contribute to the reliability of our solutions by writing unit tests and enhancing our test automation frameworks.
• Elevate the Team: Provide constructive feedback on designs and code through peer reviews, lifting the whole team to new heights.
• Integration Expert: Play a key role in integration testing, ensuring seamless cloud connectivity.
• Knowledge Advocate: Create documentation that captures essential decisions, building institutional knowledge that strengthens the team's foundation.
What You Bring:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• 6+ years of hands-on experience in Infotainment software development.
• Mastery of C++, with a track record of progressive development.
• Strong UI coding skills using Qt and QML.
• Ability to quickly acquire and apply new skills with minimal supervision.
• Experience thriving in Agile Development environments, with a knack for meeting deadlines.
• Experience in Tier 1 or Tier 2 automotive infotainment.
• In-depth knowledge of compilers & debuggers for ARM-based development.
• Proven experience implementing Linux applications and daemons.
• Expertise in Linux inter-process communication techniques and best practices.
• Solid grasp of Linux boot-time optimization strategies.
• Familiarity with projection technologies (Android Auto, CarPlay).
• Background in Android OS for infotainment/automotive.
• Proficiency in wired (USB, Ethernet) and wireless (Bluetooth, WiFi, Cellular) communication.
• Prior exposure to Infotainment Navigation.
Rev up your career and be at the forefront of powersports innovation with Polaris. Apply now and let's ride the wave of the future together!
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.