At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Effectively plan and schedule materials and presses to maintain on-time delivery of production and service parts while attaining inventory turns objectives. Maintain accurate inventory. Responsible for planning, ordering, and expediting materials required. Assure all planning data is accurately maintained in Mapics.
This is an EN - Hourly level role, M-F, 1st Shift
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, maintain and communicate purchase releases and manufacturing orders for production and service parts.
- Maintain data in Mapics to assure accurate schedules are being developed and maintained.
- Maintain all open production work orders for assigned components.
- Maintain schedules to assure on-time delivery.
- Work with Tooling and Manufacturing Engineers to coordinate maintenance and PDP/PPAP requirements.
- Expedite material as required from suppliers resulting from inventory variances, rejections, or late deliveries.
- Keys supplier scrap and takes necessary recovery action and generates debit memos for supplier returns.
- Plan and confirm material availability for service and rework.
- Resolve/review with warehouse personnel receiving issues, ie: over/shortage reports.
- Assist accounting in resolving receiving or invoicing issues.
- Coordinate the disposition of excess and obsolete inventory.
- Identify and implement procedures to assure smooth production operations and inventory accuracy.
- Review Product Orders, Effective Immediately, and Deviations and initiate necessary follow-up.
- Refer supplier issues to buyer and manager when unable to resolve.
- Involved in decisions related to outsourcing of parts due to scheduling constraints.
- Coordinate deliveries with suppliers for outsourced parts.
- Participates in special projects or assignments as required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
- 1-3 years previous planning/inventory control experience
- Knowledge of MRP systems
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access & Outlook) and AS400
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage and be efficient with multiple tasks
Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in business, supply chain or a related field
- Access to Polaris Vehicles for Your Enjoyment
- Medical Plan Eligibility on Day 1
- Up to 22 Paid Days of In Your First Year
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer
- At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan
- Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future
- In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.