At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Sr. Admin Assistant will support the General Managers of the Utility, Recreation, Commercial and Government & Defense businesses within the Polaris Off Road global business unit (GBU). This role is responsible for a broad range of advanced administrative support and coordinator duties. This position will require initiative, judgment, and independent decision-making skills, along with the ability to handle confidential matters. In addition to being primary support for the General Managers this individual will also provide ongoing support to the Utility and Recreation teams and partner with other Executive Assistants in Off Road to support broader Off Road events and activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide seamless coverage, support, and execution of responsibilities for Off Road Utility, Recreation, Commercial and Government & Defense General Managers
- Provides administrative support, including but not limited to:
- Coordinating and preparing presentations and correspondence for meetings with both internal and external stakeholders, such as executive level strategy meetings, board meetings, employee meetings, external communications, and others as needed
- Calendar management, which involves meeting prioritization, scheduling and organizing complex meetings and activities with top level executives, and time management
- Coordinate worldwide travel arrangements, prepare detailed travel itineraries, maintain passports and obtain visas as needed
- Interface with high-level internal and external parties with respect to highly sensitive issues on behalf of the executives
- Manage special projects, and must have the ability to incorporate creative approaches by taking initiative and working independently
- Become familiar with all department functions within Off Road in order to communicate on them effectively and accurately
- Primary owner and organizer of business and functional calendars and key operating rhythm for General Managers with direction from leaders
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- 5+ years of administrative assistant experience; recent experience working directly for an Executive strongly preferred
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Teams, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Advanced meeting and events planning experience
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with multiple project assignments
- Ability to perform duties in high-stress environment, with effective prioritization and execution under pressure
- Exhibits good judgment and discretion in handling confidential information
- Possesses strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail oriented with excellent grammar and proofreading skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to work extended hours or non-traditional hours when necessary
- Experience with worldwide travel preferred
- Standard office environment
- Some overnight and local travel will be required
- Fast-paced, dynamic environment
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.