At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
- Assist EHS&S Manager in conducting training programs necessary to meet regulatory compliance; such as new employee orientation, health and safety programs and practices, and refresher training.
- Administer facility worker’s compensation program.
- Processes all reports of injury/illnesses. Maintains, submits and/or posts forms/reports as necessary, in accordance with Worker’s Compensation, Occupational Safety & Health Act and Company policy.
- Maintains records within PRISM, OHM and other electronic documentation systems.
- Administration of Americans with Disabilities Act laws.
- Coordinates investigations and documentation of safety & health incidents. Serves as liaison between company, agent-of-record, and insurers.
- Administers case management and return-to-work programs for occupational and non-occupational issues.
- Administers Occupational/Physical Therapy programs with local provider.
- Provides nursing care to employees who suffer an accident at work or experience a non-work related illness.
- Cooperates with department heads in promoting employee accident prevention program.
- Coordinates Recordable Root Cause Analysis sessions and documentation.
- Tests exposure areas for physical, biological or environmental hazards using OSHA/EPA approved methods, prepares report of findings with recommendations for correction.
- Performs pre/ post-employment physicals, drug and alcohol tests, and other exams per company policy (e.g., Pulmonary Function Testing, Hearing Testing, Qualitative Fit Test, etc.)
- Administer and provide training for the Breath Alcohol Technician program.
- Coordinate Random Testing program for program participants.
- Administers medical services to employees per company’s medical protocol.
- Maintains all employee medical records.
- Budgets, purchases and coordinates the use of all medicines and medical supplies for nurse’s office.
- Perform Blood Borne Pathogen training.
- Assists with Employee Assistance Program. Oversees and directs First Responder Team.
- Administers company medical leave of absence policy and procedures, including STD/FMLA administration.
- Works with PC computer, utilizing Excel, Word, Power Point, PRISM, OHM, Spirometry and web based applications.
- Work in safe and healthy manner, strictly following all safety rules and regulations.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills
- Experience with OSHA requirements, Recordkeeping and industrial safety programs preferred.
- Previous experience in Occupational health nursing in a manufacturing facility desired.
- Hearing Conservation Certification preferred.
- Spirometry Certification preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required.
- Alabama licensed LPN, prefer RN.
- Must be able and willing to work outside of normal business hours. This position is for 2nd shift, which includes hours from approximately 3:00pm to 11:00pm - M-F.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.