At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Event Specialist will help plan, support, and execute Polaris Accessories’ presence at all powersports events.
Events included but not limited to Camp RZR (CA), Hay Days (MN), Great American Outdoors Show (PA), Sand Sports Super Show (CA), UTV Takeover (OR)
Polaris Nat’l Sales Meeting (NV), Rally on the Rocks (UT), and King of Hammers (CA)
The Event Specialist will partner with the Polaris Accessories and Off-Road vehicle brand teams to oversee vehicle upfits and execute logistics of booths and event spaces before/during/after events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead Polaris Accessories’ event planning and execution at all events to include: vehicle upfits, logistical executions of event booths, booth setup and event execution
- Lead Polaris Accessories’ presence across all Polaris accessory brands: Polaris OEM, Pro Armor, Kolpin, Trail Tech
- Build and execute proposed event plans within annual events budget
- Ensure that all event strategies are aligned with overall business objectives and Polaris’ core values
- Assist brand teams in coordinating desired vehicle builds to meet business/show needs
- Oversee all transportation for events, including shipping, staff travel planning, lodging
- Book venues/booth space and negotiate fees and applicable utilities
- Determine and help execute brand giveaways and associated budgets
- Actively pursue media partners for collaboration builds
- On-site point-person management of event operations; deliver seamless event experience for all participants, sponsors, staff, and internal partners
- Lead the event set-up and tear down of event spaces, booths, collateral, etc.
- Lead event staff as needed
- Be the brand evangelist to riders/consumers for participating brands throughout duration of event
- Oversee post-event reporting; conduct analysis of overall program success
- Oversee vehicle maintenance and transportation post-event, policy adherence, and driver management
- Minimum two years of Outside Sales or Event Management experience; experience in the off-road/powersports industry preferred
- Willingness to travel at least 50% of the time; some events last up to 11 consecutive days in remote and rugged locations
- Strong passion for powersports and powersports events
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills; acute attention to detail; ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels within the organization
- Solid working knowledge and use of hand and power tools
- Able to think quickly to resolve issues
- Able to handle the stressful situations that event management and execution can present
- Desire to obtain a CDL and transport vehicles to events is preferred
This position is not eligible for sponsorship
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.