At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Responsible for working with the facility EHS Manager to coordinate, plan, analyze, and implement Polaris’s environment, health and safety requirements and systems, programs, values in support of environmental protection and sustainability, and a zero injury culture in Polaris Monterrey facility. This position is accountable for the development and implementation of programs and procedures that ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental and safety regulatory requirements as well as corporate and internal EHS requirements.
This position rest within the Corporate EHS organization reporting responsibilities to Monterrey facility EHSS Manager. The position will work closely with all plant personnel and the rest of local EHS Department in achieving the objectives of environmental compliance and zero employee safety incidents. This position can also have several environmental and safety technicians or analysts reporting to it.
The EHS Coordinator will act as the facility environmental compliance lead and demonstrate strong knowledge of Mexican environmental regulation, good understanding of employee health and safety requirements and risk reduction methodologies. Manufacturing processes in these facilities include welding, painting, plastic injection, fabrication, and assembly. The position is located at Polaris Manufacturing Facility at Apodaca, Mexico.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Environmental, Health and Safety regulations and Polaris objectives, policies and procedures.
- Understands and oversees the permitting processes (applicability, licenses, updates to agencies, legal reports).
- Effectively coordinate and execute environmental programs, working closely with the Environmental Corporate Manager.
- Actively promote and coach environmental and sustainability projects.
- Promotes environmental education and culture.
- Coordinates and tracks corporate goals or metrics (incident reductions, energy, water user and waste generation).
- Manage environmental and safety agency visits, inspections and general relations.
- Coordinates implementation of Safety legal requirements and internal programs and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with environmental and safety requirements for new projects (expansions, new equipment and processes, new product introductions, contractor overseeing)
- Perform audits and inspections to verify programs implementation.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Health and Safety or related field combined with relevant work experience required.
- Master’s degree in Environmental Management or any EHS related strongly preferred.
- English level 80% minimum (written and spoken).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the environmental, health and safety function in a fast-paced, complex manufacturing environment.
- Extensive knowledge of legal environmental and safety Mexican requirements and norms.
- Good knowledge of EHS Management Systems including ISO 14001, OHSAS and related, and certifications like Industria Limpia and Autogestion de Seguridad y Salud en el Trabajo.
- Highly motivated and self-directed.
- Possess strong interpersonal communications skills including the ability to influence others and relationship building.
- Comprehensive risk analysis, root cause definition and problem solving skills.
- Data management and statistics integration.
- Trainer abilities, training material integration and massive communication strategy development.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.