At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Title: IT Software Engineer
Department: Information Systems
The Systems Analyst will work on projects related to the creation, modification and supporting Ordering, Logistics and Cash Applications.
In Polaris, the Order to Cash applications, use Infor-XA/Mapics, along with IBMi customization.
The Software Developer is responsible for the code creation, unit testing, maintaining of the software and proving production support. The software Developer needs to effectively partner with product manager, Scrum master, system analysts, other application developers and end users.
This individual will analyze existing business processes and design technical specifications to develop systems, deliver code and integrations to other systems. This person must demonstrate passion for strengthening and enhancing business results through software development.
• Transforms software design into executable IBMi objects in accordance with Polaris standards.
• Write test scenarios, perform unit testing, system testing and document the results.
• Collaborate with other Systems Analysts/programmer analysts and developers to implement the project.
• Ensures compliance with SOX.
System and Team Support
• Provides day-to-day application support to project team and business users.
• Troubleshoots production problems and works to fix issues.
• Understands technology and systems infrastructure.
• Work with project teams on technical requirements, development, and implementation plans
• Value and embrace teamwork and collaboration and be responsible for successful completion of tasks.
• Help to keep the standard up to date and include innovative technology and learning.
Code and Process Review
• Review code for ease of understanding and maintainability
• Review code and process with Project teams to assist in the understanding and flow.
• Create install distribution sets for monthly installs through Aldon (CMS)
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science/Software Development, Computer Information Systems or equivalent
• 3+ years of experience in a development role writing code and technical specifications in the iSeries platform for Custom applications and ERP systems.
• Infor XA/Mapics COM or CSM module experience
• RPGLE experience
• Ability to create and maintain IBM i programs (RPGLE and CLLE), modules, tables, indexes, procedures, and functions.
• Ability to create and maintain embedded SQL.
• Ability to test, diagnose and fix customization/enhancement issues.
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment with multiple project assignments.
• Ability to effectively execute tasks while under pressure.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Excellent analytical and creative critical thinking skills
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Possesses strong organizational skills.
• Strong customer service orientation
• Infor XA/Mapics Finance module
• Experience with Enterprise integrator and System Link for Infor XA.
• Experience with ION
• Experience with manufacturing, warehousing, logistics, supply chain business processes
• Experience with XML
• Experience with Binding and Binder Language
• Experience with creating and maintaining service programs.
• Experience with Aldon
• Experience with Rational Developer for IBMi (RDi)
• Experience with Agile Methodology.
• Experience with Jira or similar application.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.