At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Supervisor responsible for die casting production with 10-20 direct reports. Supervisor will be responsible for establishing departmental policies and procedures, coordinating department activities, special projects, and supervising staff in accordance with company policies and procedures. Supervisor will also be responsible for meeting departmental Safety, Quality, Productivity, and Delivery goals, as well as establishing and maintaining effective employee relations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage department activities and special projects to ensure safety, quality, delivery and productivity.
- Evaluate department processes. Recommend and coordinate needed changes based on process analysis.
- Define and manage departmental budget in the areas of labor (hours and cost), maintenance and other associated costs.
- Direct staff in the development, analysis, and preparation of reports (daily/weekly employee productivity, quality and safety performance reports, departmental processes, etc...).
- In partnership with Leads, responsible for staff scheduling to include work assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees, and shift rotations.
- Assists in the preparation for the departmental budget and operates within approved budgets. Assists in setting and attaining departmental goals.
- Manages resources and equipment to meet monthly shipping goals. Improves processes within department to gain efficiencies.
- Analyzes future demand schedules and plans appropriate staff and equipment levels accordingly.
- Works closely with Plant Planning & Scheduling to ensure availability of product for shipment.
- Works across functional lines to research and understand operational impacts and solutions that benefit the company.
- Work closely with manufacturing engineering to drive continuous improvements in area.
- Supervise staff in accordance with company policies and procedures. Provide discipline and corrective action as required.
- Assist staff to resolve complex or out of policy operation problems.
- Conduct interviews, hire new staff, and ensure proper training and employee orientation is provided.
- Coach and provide career development advice to staff.
- Establish departmental and employee goals and conduct employee performance reviews.
- Communicate to all levels of the organization on topics of daily goals, performance feedback, departmental, organization and company initiatives, etc.
- Complete human resources, payroll and other paperwork as required in specific department
- Achieves continuous improvement in productivity and labor costs by setting expectations, providing feedback, establishing improved processes and driving change.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Technical degree or equivalent highly preferred
- 3-5+ years manufacturing operations experience, including budget/expense responsibility.
- Strong problem-solving skills, proven capabilities of root causing issues and driving sustained solutions supported by metrics.
- Talented communicator, capable of communicating complex messages to diverse groups with proven results
- Safety, experienced in OSHA standards and tracking, ability to lead the department in analysis and changes to working practices and culture to exceed OSHA standards
- Skillful leader with proven ability to drive change and sustain results
- Driven for results with a relentless appetite to improve and exceed goals.
- Systems experience with MRP, Excel, and Word preferred.
- Strong organizational management, passion for quality, and supervisory skills required.
- Manufacturing environment
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.