At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
As a part of our Global Electrical Systems team, this role will be responsible for supporting the design, development and validation of Functional Safety across many Polaris product lines. This is a high visibility and a large impact position to the organization. With this position, you will be working with many different product teams to ensure the electrical designs on Polaris products are safe.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and mentor the organization with Functional Safety development
- Create and manage project specific safety plans
- Lead the development of the Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessments (HARA) for Polaris products
- Develop & document the vehicle level safety concept to support the vehicle level safety goals & allocate/decompose the requirements to features, control functions and components
- Lead and participate in safety Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) and safety aspects of Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
- Create and manage Development Interface Agreements (DIA) with suppliers
- Lead process improvements to align with Functional Safety standards
- Interface with component/controller development engineers, vendor(s), and other cross-functional Polaris team members as needed for component/module development, ensuring system-level functionality is met
- Support the Lead in researching, reviewing, and communicating future trends, technologies, competitor positioning, policies and regulations associated with Functional Safety and SOTIF
- Other duties as required
- B.S. or higher in Engineering preferred
- 7+ years of experience with the vehicle electrical controls and ISO 26262 preferred
- Experience with DFMEA, SFMEA, and Functional Safety preferred
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced development environment required
- Experience in effective problem solving and troubleshooting required
- Familiarity with requirements management tools and configuration management preferred
- Experience with writing engineering requirements preferred
- Experience in project management preferred
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.