At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
This role is responsible for delivering comprehensive diagnostic tools & processes to the Polaris dealer network to ultimately improve customer uptime. While primarily focused on ORV & On-Road products, they will also serve as the architect and ongoing owner of the next generation of Digital Wrench, ensuring that the tool/platform enhances technician’s ability to diagnose the increasingly complex Polaris products for all current and future product lines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
As the subject matter expert, you will provide input into the diagnostic development of our publications and training materials that serve as the foundation for our dealership technician diagnostic capabilities.
New product development
- Lead all aspects of the development and release of; step-based diagnostic procedures, fault summary data, and fault code analysis for the assigned product line(s)
- Lead development of diagnostic special tools required to service the assigned product line(s)
- Simplify and improve technician’s ability to diagnose systems & trouble codes, resulting faster and more accurate repairs
- Partner with Electrical Engineering to ensure Polaris Digital Wrench diagnostic software supports new and existing products
- Provide input to owner’s & service manuals and other product technical resources such as dealer training material
- Serve as THE go to person for all assigned product line(s) with respect to diagnostics (new & existing)
- Represent the Service Department on all product development projects; lead new product development service diagnostic strategy
- Stay abreast of new diagnostic technologies
Current product support and service-related communications
- Represent the Service Department in Post Sales Surveillance activities to identify potential issues with in-field vehicle diagnostic support
- Work within the Technical Service and Warranty team to optimize service processes that leverage diagnostic data
- Recommend effective communication plans to resolve field diagnostic issues as the expert on all available methods of internal and external communications to the dealer network
- Maintain communication with Technical Service, Warranty, Customer Service, Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing and Quality, communicating information on product problems
- Support the Bulletin Field Execution Process on communications involving vehicle controller updates
- Provide assistance to help resolve escalated customer and dealer inquiries
- Maintain comprehensive service knowledge of Polaris products
- Other responsibilities, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
- 3-5 years of engineering experience, preferred focus in calibration, diagnostics, EE
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Proficient at Excel and data presentation
- Project management experience
- Strong product and industry knowledge
- Knowledge of retail service operations
- General office environment, interacting with the engineering design team
- Interaction with dealers and customers
- Some Travel
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.