At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
This role is responsible for the external financial reporting process for the Company, communicating with various levels of management and working closely with the external auditors and various internal departments, functions and personnel. The desired candidate for this position will also serve as the Company’s subject matter expert on accounting policies, standards and regulations, monitoring new accounting pronouncements and driving necessary communication and process change to implement new standards. Additionally, they will oversee the Company’s compliance with financial disclosure regulations issued by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), and other accounting and regulatory organizations, including international organizations. Reports directly to the Vice President - Corporate Controller & FP&A.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervising the preparation, review and timely filing of the Company’s external financial reports, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 11-K, 8-K, S-D and other registration statements.
- Acting as a liaison Corporate Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Investor Relations (IR), Corporate Tax, Internal Audit (IA), Corporate Treasury, senior management and other internal departments to acquire information needed for the Company’s external financial reports.
- Assisting in guiding financial systems development to improve information concerning SEC reporting and conformance with new accounting standards
- Assisting IR with preparation and review of quarterly earnings materials for investors
- Executing internal controls over the financial reporting process
- Assisting in managing the Company’s interactions and relationship with its external auditors, including providing support throughout quarterly reviews and annual audits of the Company’s financial statements, and resolving accounting and reporting issues raised.
Technical Accounting and Policy
- Providing operational and technical accounting expertise specific to U.S. GAAP, company policies, and other applicable standards or regulations to ensure the Company is aware of and in compliance with all technical accounting and financial reporting standards and regulations as put forth by the SEC, FASB and other accounting and regulatory organizations.
- Monitoring new and proposed accounting rules and pronouncements and determining the potential impact on the Company; collaborating with internal groups within the Company as well as the external auditors to implement new accounting standards
- Developing and implementing company-wide accounting policies and procedures
- Identifying, researching, recommending and documenting conclusions to complex accounting issues and transactions; developing processes for the on-going accounting for these matters
- Driving processes for valuation, documentation and reporting of assets and liabilities carried at fair value as well as impairment analysis of intangible and other long-lived assets
- Preparing required analysis and documentation concerning segment reporting, derivatives and consolidation, such as variable interest entities
- Assisting corporate business development personnel concerning accounting ramifications of potential mergers and acquisitions, divestitures and other transactions; preparing required analysis and documentation for the associated purchase accounting
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 6+ years of experience in accounting required; 4+ years of experience in public accounting and SEC reporting preferred
- Active CPA required
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial accounting concepts (e.g. GAAP, IFRS); experience with Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) reporting a plus
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams
- Knowledge of XBRL and the SEC’s EDGAR filing system/standards a plus
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships in a matrix environment with multiple stakeholders and evaluators
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and initiatives at once, achieving solutions under tight deadlines
- Effective communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented, possess deep analytical skills, and strong business acumen
- Self-starter with the ability to identify and proactively resolve business issues
- Dynamic fast-paced team environment
- Minimal travel required
This position is not eligible for sponsorship
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.