At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
JOB SUMMARY: Powertrain Test Engineer
This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship
Powertrain test engineer supporting daily technical operations of engine/transmission testing in an engine and chassis dynamometer laboratory. Our vision is to fuel the passion of riders, workers and outdoors enthusiasts around the world by delivering innovative, high-quality vehicles, products, services and experiences that enrich their lives. Polaris has vast technical resources with several high-feature dyno cells and emissions benches, along with world-class workbays, instrumentation, and specialty tools. This position includes test bed design, execution, and daily technical operational support of the Powertrain test facility. Work directly with engineers and technicians to perform development powertrain testing. Responsible for managing testing equipment/software, testing methods, and solving problems with test equipment and software. Identify improvements to lab efficiency and be a strong contributor to the capital planning and execution process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Support preparation of test equipment, software, and hardware instrumentation.
· Support preparation of test set-ups and components under test.
· Design or direct the design of new test beds and testing layout.
· Support development of specialized tests and specifying required new test equipment.
· Support installation of new test equipment and lab maintenance/upgrades.
· Analyze and review test results with development and validation teams, for data integrity/accuracy.
· Continuously look for opportunities to improve laboratory testing capabilities, planning facility hardware updates, expand automating testing processes, and keeping current with available industry technology, while supporting the safety and quality initiatives.
· Interact with facilities engineering on issues and future planning. Execute procurement of test equipment/software/consumables.
· Interact and direct resources at multiple Powertrain engineering sites.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
· Required - BS or MS Engineering Degree with a minimum of 3 years of engine testing related experience.
· Required: Experience with engine dynamometer testing methods and engine testing equipment.
· Required: Experience with test measurement equipment.
· Understanding of electrical and mechanical systems for testing.
· Preferred: Basic experience with software programming and implementation.
· Preferred: Experience with device communication, INCA, PUMA, I-test, or similar.
· Preferred: Technical knowledge as demonstrated by academic experience and broad practical experience in engine development and/or validation.
· Preferred: Ability to design parts/drawings/test bed layouts in Creo. Good verbal and written communication skills, and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
· Highly collaborative, working effectively as part of a team and also able to work independently without detailed direction.
· Strong leadership skills and a desire to grow are preferred. Ability to multitask, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
1. Fast paced test lab and field environment.
2. Limited travel (less than 5%)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.