At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
This job is not eligible for sponsorship.
The Sourcing Data & Analytics Team is responsible to develop and implement processes and tools to optimize our sourcing decisions, tracking project performance detail, timing, and conformance to program targets and provide timely data analyses by request from all of Strategic Sourcing. The Data Analyst is responsible for conducting analysis, working with internal customers to understand requirements, and developing workflows/dashboards/apps in support of this effort. You are passionate about helping others solve business problems through data and enjoy taking complex sources and logic and developing solutions that are simple for others to use. You enjoy learning about processes in other areas of the business and thinking creatively about how to help teams work more effectively and efficiently.
Location: Brooklyn Park, MN, US
Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Manage and develop on multiple small and large-scale projects and initiatives that are 6-24 months in length
- Support report-outs to the functions/businesses and executive leaders
- Develop, implement, and train on new tools and reports to cross functional teams
- Work with cross-functional teams to gather requirements and develop reporting around KPIs
- Identify opportunities to optimize reporting and lead process improvements
- Support standard and ad-hoc analytic requests, providing accurate and timely data, analysis and interpretation
- Maintain documentation and continuous support of production tools and reports
- Manage development and production environments for tool/report development and production launch
- BS in Data Management, Business/Supply Chain, Engineering or related field
- 1+ years of experience in workflow development, data analysis/visualization using diverse/dynamic data sources
- Highly proficient with data mining/visualization: SQL, Power BI
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Experience performing root cause analysis and troubleshooting technical issues
- Strong knowledge of statistical methods and predictive/analytical modeling techniques and practices
- Experience in database development and management
- Experience bringing proof-of-concept reports to production
- Highly proficient with Alteryx, Python, R
- Experience with cloud-based database services (e.g. Snowflake)
- Naturally curious and creative problem solver with experience working with cross-functional teams
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.