Principal Solution Architect, Dynamics ERPBangalore
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Title: Principal Solution Architect, Dynamics
Reports To: Director D&IT
The Principal ERP Solution Architect is the highest-level technical contributor for their respected
technologies, in the application of concepts, principles and processes for an assigned area of
responsibility. This role will be accountable for driving technology planning activities and systems
designs to meet the needs of the Polaris business. The Principal Solution Archite ct is responsible for
ensuring solutions are aligned to the business and technology strategy, leveraging enterprise
components, and the overall advancement of Polaris technologies. This role will have a broad
knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics ERP solutions, architectures and deployment of Microsoft Dynamics
ERP, experience with reference architectures and an understanding of modern development practices
in the Microsoft Dynamics ERP platform. Assignments will span from contributing to Enterprise
Architecture level standards to the definition of technical solutions for complex projects for various ERP
implementations and business needs. Our ideal candidate will be driven to provide top quality
technology solutions that balance the viewpoints and concerns of all stakeholders. This position will
require a demonstrable ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization.
Systems and Enterprise Architecture
• Defines Solution principles, Standards and Policies for the Microsoft Dynamics ERP platforms
• Collaborate with other architects to define and maintain blueprints for an enterprise
architecture strategy ensuring integration between Microsoft Dynamics ERP and other global
• Define and manage the Microsoft Dynamics ERP integration patterns, guides product teams on
various data integration in alignment with the Enterprise Integration and Data strategy
• Leverage technology standards and roadmaps to ensure IT solutions are best aligned to business
and IT strategic goals
• Be the guide to various product teams to design and deploy dynamically scalable, highly
available, and reliable solutions in the ERP platform.
• Research, identify, recommend, and document applications, data, platforms, and infrastructure
for solving and supporting new requirements including selecting the right ISVs for the ERP
• Develop and manage the ERP roadmap in alignment with various product teams at Polaris.
• Participate in development of technology roadmaps based on the current and future business
• Maintain relationships with Microsoft in partnership with technology delivery team leads to understand and influence vendor capabilities, key trends, and product
• Keeps abreast of new methods and developments affecting the organization and recommends changes in emphasis of programs or new programs warranted by such developments
Technical Leadership • Educate internal IT teams on roadmaps, standards, policies, and new technologies in the Microsoft Dynamics ERP domain. • Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring influencing and coordination between organizations. • Creates and Maintains ERP platform reference architecture, deployment models and instance strategy in alignment with the Enterprise direction • Directly assists the Product teams with Capability, Systems Interactions, and Future State Gap Fit analysis • Leads the architecture effort for vendor analysis and Buy vs. Build initiatives for various extensions, ISVs and customizations
Team Leadership • Exhibits strong values and behaviors including influencing, coaching and guiding employees at all levels of a matrix organization and is recognized as a strong team leader • Proactively develops employees through working relationships, sharing knowledge and building networks with across the company
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE :
• 4-year Degree in IT/Business related field is required; an Advanced Degree in Technology is strongly preferred • 10+ years of progressive technology experience • 5+ years of Solution Architecture experience with Microsoft Dynamics ERP within the areas of integration, extensions, installation, development, configuration, and administration • 7+ years of experience with Microsoft Dynamics ERP platforms (Microsoft D365 Finance & Supply Chain, Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012, Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009) • Experience with Microsoft Lifecycle services is highly desired. • Experience with hybrid (Azure cloud and on premises) integration architecture patterns for the Microsoft ERP solutions. • Experience in the manufacturing, supply chain, sourcing, finance, sales and distribution domains is highly desired. • Previous experience working with Agile methodology • Proven success in mentoring and developing less experienced technical team members • Complete understanding and application of business practices and of technical principles, theories and concepts. • Solid understanding of how program objectives, tools and resources relate cross-functionally • Thrives in a fast-paced environment with multiple project assignments. • Ability to work independently with minimum supervision • Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.