Learning Program ManagerWyoming, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Off-Road Engineering team in a newly created role as a Learning Program Manager.
In this role, you will develop, lead, and execute a strategy to elevate the learning and development strength of the Engineering organization. In addition, this person will advise the organization in change management best practices and utilize change management methodologies to drive continuous improvement.
Develop Training Strategy for Off-Road Engineering
- Identify organizational knowledge gaps and training/learning needs based on current and future org capability needs
- Develop short term and long strategy to address gaps
- Ensure proper stakeholder participation in plan including other functions and areas of the organization
- Create governance and structure for training strategy
- Prepare training budget for department or organization
- Prepare organization for initiative roll outs/change management
Project Management for Execution of Training Program
- Develop and execute road map for creation and delivery of training content
- Evaluate modes of training delivery, such as in-person or virtual, to optimize training effectiveness and cost
- Perform external benchmarking and recommend/onboard strategic external partners for learning content creation and delivery
Drive Continuous Improvement of Training Program
- Evaluate instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement
- Provide executive reports of training effectiveness and recommendation of future actions to promote learning organization
- Benchmark external sources for “state of the art” topics, content, and delivery methods
Deliver Non-Technical Content
- Create course content for non-technical topics (e.g. leadership development, change mgmt) by integrating current content and developing new content as needed
Cultivate Learning Organization
- Partner with Engineering leaders to create a culture of continuous learning and growth within the organization
- Partner with HR to incentivize learning and development and foster learning organization mindset
“Train the Trainers”
- Train technical instructors on adult learning principles and successful content delivery
- Provide coaching to leaders on to better build learning mindset in their organization
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business required, MBA or Masters in HR preferred
- 5+ years’ experience setting learning or curriculum strategy for a product development focused organization
- 5+ years’ experience as a trainer in a corporate environment
- Understanding and experience with change management - ability to sell a new idea up in the organization
- Ability to develop, lead, and execute new strategies across a broad scope
- Communication skills to leadership audiences
- Experience working with in a matrix work environment
**This is a hybrid role - with the expectation of spending time in Wyoming, MN office
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.