Instructional DesignerPlymouth, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Consult with teams across Polaris to identify training curriculum for internal employees and dealer channel partners that results in increased knowledge, productivity, and engagement. Drive the creation and implementation of training that is tailored to the specific products, processes and systems of each Business Unit. Provide project management and content design consulting to guide internal customer’s requests for training creation. Strengthen the global dealer network by developing engaging online training courses for all roles within Polaris and Indian Motorcycle dealers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Instructional Design, eLearning Course Development, and Implementation
- Collaborate with internal partners to understand business plans, priorities, issues and needs. Lead the identification and implementation of learning solutions
- Create and maintain engaging content including: eLearning courses, resources / job aids, facilitator guides, workbooks
- Develop objectives, content outlines, and evaluation criteria for learning solutions
- Design and develop learning solutions using a variety of delivery methods
- Continually enhance methods based on best practices in the industry, emerging technologies, vendor resources and products, business unit requirements and expectations, and feedback from learners
- Provide coaching, support and leadership to contracted employees that develop and deliver training
- Structure courses to integrate seamlessly with software and LMS
- Manage internal client and channel relationships to enable a positive and productive team culture
- Employ continuous improvement tools and LEAN to identify and document best practices and streamline processes
- Utilize ADDIE or SAM project management methodologies to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ensure projects meet cost, timeliness, and quality requirements
- Influence without authority to keep projects on track and on brand
- Create communication and change management plans for project implementation and delivery
- Upload and test content
- Track, analyze and report on training metrics as appropriate
- Provide direct correspondence and support for client email inquiries
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent learning and development or technical publications experience required
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Consider global perspectives when developing training
- Working knowledge of the following software:
- Storyline, Articulate 360, Rise
- Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Share Point
- Adobe Creative Cloud: Captivate, Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Premier and Audition
- Powersports experience preferred
- Standard office environment – fast-paced and collaborative
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.