Electrical System Quality EngineerWyoming, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
As an Electrical System Quality Engineer working in the Vehicle Electronics and Software organization you will lead process development to sustainably support excellence in quality and safety of electrical systems across the Global Polaris enterprise. This includes working with cross functional teams and stakeholders (GBUs, CPTs, Quality, Supplier Quality, Purchasing, Manufacturing, etc.) to understand their quality processes and ensure that they adequately account for and anticipate issues across electrical system quality. Processes should incorporate (not replace) current quality systems across the organization. Process definition should comprehend the complexities of power and ground distribution, controls systems, signals & actuators, electric propulsion, IVI, connected systems and autonomous systems and the partnerships and supply relationships supporting them. The Quality Engineer should help prioritize quality and safety issues, identify continuous improvements and ensure that there is a closed loop process for those improvements to be incorporated in our product development process. The Electrical System Quality Engineer will work closely within and outside of the Vehicle Electronics and Software organization to improve quality processes as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead updates in monthly Electrical Systems Quality forum and drive quality process improvement efforts.
- Monitor customer escalations across all product infotainment platforms and lead resolution of complex vehicle infotainment field issues to help prioritize software release timing and content.
- Develop comprehensive process for anticipating and identifying quality and safety issues associated with electrical system development (power and ground distribution, controls systems, signals & actuators, electric propulsion, IVI, connected systems and autonomous systems)
- Use problem solving process to help drive corrective actions that will apply learnings across the organization.
- Participate in safety reviews, document results and communicate to appropriate stakeholders
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify potential product safety issues that require additional focus
- Prepare review material for the Safety Quality Review Committee as needed.
- Monitor current data sources to identify trends that require attention.
- Develop processes/standards for continuous improvement as needed.
- Ensure all learnings are communicated to peer teams and captured in technical documentation (ex. HARAs, Design Standards, FMEAs and DVP&Rs)
- Support other initiatives that relate to product quality and safety.
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- 2+ years in an engineering or quality role with experience working cross-functionally to solve problems.
- B.S. in Engineering or Quality systems, preferred
- Electrical system quality experience preferred
- Experience establishing and implementing continuous improvement processes.
- Strong collaboration, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively lead, influence and work in cooperation with cross-functional teams
- Experience in structured problem-solving methods preferred (i.e. 6 Sigma, Red X, 8D).
- Knowledge of quality related tools including, but not limited to HARA, FMEA, SPC, APQP, DOE and Quality Systems.
- 6 sigma black belt training/certification preferred
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.