Maintenance SuperintendentHuntsville, AL
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with the Manager of Plant Services to ensure that the site workforce is deployed to execute strategic priorities
- Directly supervises and oversees the workmanship for all maintenance and facilities staff across all shifts
- Provides day-to-day leadership and supervision in the achievement of Safety, Quality, Productivity, and Cost.
- Develop strong relationships with cross functional groups (managers, project leads, quality, Mfg. engineers, etc.)
- Monitor and ensure a Safe work environment. Conduct regular safety audits of Maintenance and Facility areas and correct safety issues as identified.
- Insure that work that has the potential to impact environmental compliance is done with approval of EHS group and within specified guidelines.
- Maintain neat, clean, orderly work areas in accordance with 5S guidelines.
- Assign preventive and repair work tasks according to priority to support production schedules.
- Encourage proper work performance by departmental employees through positive reinforcement. Enforce policies and procedures and apply disciplinary action as needed.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects and encourage others to participate.
- Assist in preparation of department budgets and manage daily overtime and part spend in accordance with budget.
- Drive process consistency and standardization across all shifts.
Skills & Knowledge:
- 10+ years of Maintenance and Facilities experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field is preferred.
- A proven leader with a solid track record of successful managing a multiple department facility.
- Strong technical understanding of facility, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Versatility, flexibility, and ability to work within changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Excellent leadership, influence, and communication skills.
- Identifies, deploys and develops highly talented employees with future potential.
- Creates an environment where employees work together effectively to achieve goals.
- Familiarity with modern production systems to include Lean manufacturing principles, Reliability Centered Maintenance, continuous improvement methodologies, Root Cause Analysis as well as Failure Mode Effects Analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, implement and sustain cost savings projects.
- Strong skill set in change implementation
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.