Sr. Associate Consumer Insights ManagerPlymouth, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Sr. Associate Insights Manager will lead the consumer insights and strategy development for two large brands within our off-road vehicle team. They will have the opportunity to lead a wide variety of both quantitative and qualitative research projects. As a strong cross-functional partner, this role will influence future product and market opportunities through the interpretation of insights data and research findings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work collaboratively with Product, Marketing and Design teams to build consumer insights plans & strategies, prioritize projects, determine research goals & requirements, find efficiencies, meet project timelines, develop and deploy research, design analysis and communicate actionable insights and implications.
- Lead qualitative and quantitative customer research focused on growth opportunities, trend identification, market segmentation, brand positioning, and new product development. Identify and develop research objectives and scope, determine correct methodology to meet research goals, design questionnaires and discussion guides, synthesize and story-tell research findings that reveal insights and drive action for stakeholders.
- Day-to-day management of external research vendors, partners/consultants engaged to execute projects.
- Use business knowledge and strategic thinking to help direct the interpretation, use, and implications of research to improve business decisions and knowledge base for future planning.
- Leverage communication skills to transfer analysis and insights from research into an effective presentation format, and present findings and recommendations to business partners and senior management.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with agility, coordinating project timelines, deliverables, approvals and budget.
- Collaborate with Manager to develop strategies and recommend priorities for future research and knowledge development.
- Commitment to learn about ORV industry and stay abreast of significant industry research to anticipate emerging topics/ideas.
- Be the voice of the consumer within the off-road vehicle team by leveraging past and new research to piece together the larger narrative that others may not see.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- BS/BA degree (marketing, business, analytics, consumer research, behavioral science) or other relevant discipline and/or advanced degree program
- 3+ years professional experience managing and executing consumer research
- Experience with a variety of market research methodologies and analytic techniques
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively in a fast-paced culture. Ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule, including quickly turning around study plans and reports
- A collaborative mindset that allows you to work across a global organization to build a plan, gain alignment, and execute it.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to translate data and analysis to compelling and comprehensive narratives, messages, and business cases to business partners and senior leadership.
- Skilled at facilitating working sessions, meetings and actionable insights presentations
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and leadership skills
- Exceptional organization skills and a high attention to detail
- Growth opportunity, Product Development, Messaging, Communication and Positioning research experience preferred; international research experience is a plus
- Hybrid office environment
- Plymouth, MN – Bass Creek Office
- Travel for research projects required; up to 20% at times
This position is not eligible for sponsorship
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.