ORV Development Technician - Intake Exhaust and Fuel SystemsWyoming, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Intake, Exhaust, and Fuel Systems Development Technician to join our off-road vehicle (ORV) group. As a member of our research and development team, you will build prototype parts and evaluate new technologies. In addition, you will perform tests to optimize system architecture and verify vehicle specifications are met. You will work to ensure that the final product package is optimized to exceed the customer's expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- System level research & development
- Conduct tests while maintaining data accuracy
- Keep good records and write test reports for tests conducted
- Protype and fabrication of development parts
- Evaluate new system technologies
- Benchmarking Competitive vehicle components and systems
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Maintain a clean, safe work area and meet OSHA requirements
- Good self-starter, willing to work overtime as needed
- Must be willing to travel periodically to do product evaluation and development
- Able to communicate professionally and drive project to timely completion
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as required
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- High school diploma required
- 2-Year degree in technical field preferred
- Minimum 3 years mechanic or technician experience preferred
- Fabrication and welding experience required
- TIG welding experience preferred
- Strong mechanical aptitude required
- Powersports experience preferred
- Must be capable of operating ORVs in extreme conditions
- Data acquisition and diagnostic tool experience preferred
- Basic computer skills required
- Valid drivers license required
- Must be capable of driving trucks with trailers (<26,000 GCVR)
- Must be capable of operating forklifts
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.